Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back I bought a '78 RC from a guy in Jersey. The truck overall is in great shape, and after a tune up, is a real strong runner. The guy said it was a surplus M880. It was completely olive drab, not many factory options, and wired with an over ride so the lights had to be on to start the motor. (Which he said was a military rule . . . .always operating with headlights on) The title says nothing about M880, but I didn't know if that was a registration designation or not.

A few days ago a friend was looking it over and noticed something. The RC has a yellow frame. He's not 100% sure, but thought that all of the state vehicles in Jersey had to have the yellow frame . . . which kind of rules out the military surplus thing.

Not that it really matters, because I love the truck and I'm having a lot of fun with it, but does any of this make sense or lead towards a definite origin of this RC?

Thanks,
Sam

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
there are no "m880" ramchargers. m880 was gov't designation for the dodge "1 1/4" ton truck. and i dont know of any current military rigs that are required to have head lights operating inorder to start.

maybe its some usda or forestry or dnr truck. thats more likely. and i dont know jersey but my guess is the yellow frame is a old school ricer/hick mod.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input!

Like I said, I'm not that pressed about it 'cause it's a fun truck in good shape. Though the yellow frame is ugly as sin! . . .gonna have to go something about that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts