Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Vendor
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm crossing another bridge. I was going to use the 92-93 gas tank in Tex but thinking they are getting hard to find I decided to make one.  I have a template made up with 3/16" foam board & I like the way it fits. I'll take it down to my steel supplier this week & get one in process.
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Crap! I just finished modifying my tank to accept the newer style fuel module and all from a diesel. 

Figures. 

·
Registered
510 Posts
Wow very nice!!!!

·
Vendor
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm back in town & had a few hours yesterday to work on the sending unit & fuel pick up & return ports. I am using a 1992 fuel sending & the grommet & plug on the cap.
The fuel pick up & pump return is all 1/2" tube or -8 AN.
The return from the CTD is 3/8" or-6.
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great! What about adding a bung to drain the tank and maybe one or two on top, so it would be possible to tie in an auxiliary tank or fuel cell? Reason being (for me) is that I plan to run a separate tank for veggie oil and want to be able to trickle it in during the colder?winter months.

·
Super Moderator
29,773 Posts
Very nice, Jim.  Is that steel or aluminum? Are there baffles inside and do you plan on selling any of these?

·
Vendor
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Elwenil said:
Very nice, Jim. Is that steel or aluminum? Are there baffles inside and do you plan on selling any of these?
Thanks L
This tank is 14Ga SS & yes I am going to offer them for sale when I get #1 & #2 done. I was thinking of offering steel also because of some material cost savings. I did not think about of aluminum because of ability of taking a hit.

Yes it does have a baffle running side to side just behind the sending unit cover.

thanks,
Jim

·
Vendor
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
4bt-cj8 said:
Looks great! What about adding a bung to drain the tank and maybe one or two on top, so it would be possible to tie in an auxiliary tank or fuel cell? Reason being (for me) is that I plan to run a separate tank for veggie oil and want to be able to trickle it in during the colder?winter months.
That's possible. What were you thinking on the top bungs 1/2" npts?
Jim

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Jim, is there any more progress on these tanks?I am thinking of putting the Fitech fuel injection in my truck and want to do a proper 35 gal. tank with internal pump.Any thoughts on pricing yet?Would you consider selling just templates so I can weld it up myself? Thanks, Mark

·
Super Moderator
13,955 Posts
Hella-awesome work Jim! {cool}

Are you thinking about offering the cross members as well?

- Sam

·
Vendor
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sam,
thanks for the kind words!
Yes I will offer both. The cross member is dragging out a little but should be completed by the 1st of the year.

mark,
After the 1st of the year I'll be back on my tank & have #2 in production to make sure the fitup is perfect.
Thanks,
Jim

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.