Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got up close & personal with that sweet RC that I posted a few days ago. This guy has done a LOT of work to his RC. I mentioned this site to him, so I hope he stops in!

Here are pics of that RC, and a few other Trucks from the show:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Now that's what I call pony power! Would love to hear some specs on that engine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
WOW!!! That's a nice 392 HEMI (1957-58). 354,331s have red ram valve covers though! Remember a 392 HEMI is a true 90 degree V" thats why their so blessed WIDE! I've pulled a few out of 57" imperials, Just like the car modified and used for the Green Hornet, and driven by Kato :eek: er, Bruce Lee ;D Get more engine spec's if you can? It's Not an easy task getting some parts for those, It was tough twenty years ago, It can't be much better now :p That engine picture kinda threw me! It didn't look wide enough to be a 392? If you saw one in a 57", compared to a RC you'd understand? In a 57" they were a tight fit! THANKS IRONRAM P.S. I was never an early HEMI Freak, because I was always chasing the late models (64-71 426 street HEMI) Our H.S.shop had a 392 2-4s in a Falcon Drag car? My friend had a 392 in a 67 Charger with 6 stromburg 97s??? They had the cast iron cased automatics that weighed a ton? fun to pull too! ;D Check out that guys throttle linkage! then imagine a sidemount set-up like mine.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I just have one question........why would you go from this....

to this.......

Why???? Also, what year model is it? I can't tell if it's a newer model, that just put an older gate on it, or an older model with a newer grille on it.....

Randall

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He has the rear tire wells tubbed out with some extra meaty WIDE tires in the back. I should have gotten some pics of the inside where the wheel wells are and up underneath to show the fat tires.

I really like it because it is way different than any other RC mod you'll see. Then again, I like it both ways ;D

I want to say it's an older model with a newer grille, if you look at the interior pic, the door trim is not the same as the 91-93 model. He does have the newer mirrors, not the older "tripod" style. I'm not sure what year they started with those though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Those ARE chevy mirrors! :p THANKS IRONRAM okay okay they aren't chevy mirrors??? They fooled me lol. Hey I'm running stock 78" mirrors on mine!

·
Registered
0 Posts
No, those are OEM mirrors. My 88 has em, and so does my brother's 88 Power Wagon. They look like them, but there are a few small differences between them and the chevy mirrors. From what I remember, the chevy mirrors have rivets or something on the backside of the mirror housing. Mine is smooth, no screws, rivets, or anything. I believe they started as oem in 88.

Randall

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Your right. Rivets on the Chebbie mirrors, smaller base, and when you put a chebbie mirror on a Dodge door they angle up a bit. Been there , done that. Oops!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
dodge88 said:
No, those are OEM mirrors. My 88 has em, and so does my brother's 88 Power Wagon. They look like them, but there are a few small differences between them and the chevy mirrors. From what I remember, the chevy mirrors have rivets or something on the backside of the mirror housing. Mine is smooth, no screws, rivets, or anything. I believe they started as oem in 88.

Randall
I wish they were stock standard for 88. by the way, I'm beginning to think that those are two different trucks, designed to look the same, why else would you go from a sky high RC, to a pro street look alike?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts