Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow heathens! Anyone have a picture or (better yet) a source for the original center console cooler?

Registered
It was just a foam insert that would slip into the console.聽 They are hard to find though except occasionally pop up with an original RC or TD for sale.聽 I've thought about take the console and lining/insulating it myself and making my own cooler out of one of my spare consoles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a good idea! On a related note, do you know if the +90 console is the same size as the GenIi before 90? From what O see on EBay, Dodge added usable cup holders in 90. Might be worth the $$$ to just swap instead of trying to fashion something in my shed. Thanks!

Registered
I believe the coolers were only sold for the pop tops, but I could be wrong.聽 I know they had a different console than the later consoles, I'm guessing they were changed when they changed the body style, but I'm not sure.聽 The console for the 81+ vehicles are pretty much the same, as stated, the cup holders were improved upon, but I still didn't like them as they don't go deep and won't hold much more than a 12 oz can as they are narrow.聽 My 85's console has the icing cups inserted into the holes after I cut out the little pockets that were there, they work great and hold even my 40 oz tumbler cup.聽 There were also some differences in the lids latching/locking mechanism throughout the years as well.

Registered
Every once in a while up here in Canada, they have promotional cooler bags sold with the beer, the one in the foreground here fits great in the RC console, is waterproof and easily removable.

Super Moderator
The cooler, what Mopar calls the "liner", was available in hardtop Ramchargers up through the '83 model year.聽 By then I guess the idea of having cold beer within reach of the driver became a bit too taboo for them to keep it.

Registered
Elwenil said:
The cooler, what Mopar calls the "liner", was available in hardtop Ramchargers up through the '83 model year. By then I guess the idea of having cold beer within reach of the driver became a bit too taboo for them to keep it.
When the Pontiac Aztek came out in 2002, the whole centre console was a removable cooler.

Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Elwenil said:
The cooler, what Mopar calls the "liner", was available in hardtop Ramchargers up through the '83 model year. By then I guess the idea of having cold beer within reach of the driver became a bit too taboo for them to keep it.
Ahhh, the old days when we used to cruise with a beer between the legs!

I saw this on Kijiji Edmonton. I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for. It can also be painted with some SEM interior paint if needed.

Attachments

Administrator
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.