Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How rare are the sliding glass windows for a removable hardtop? Also how rare are the removable half top. This kinda makes the rc look like a really short truck.  I have only seen 1 other truck with 1/2 top
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,249 Posts
dodgecitymopars said:
How rare are the sliding glass windows for a removable hardtop? Also how rare are the removable half top. This kinda makes the rc look like a really short truck. I have only seen 1 other truck with 1/2 top
The Half-Top is pretty rare, Sliding Side Windows would have to be aftermarket, or modified to fit from another vehicle.

I have plans of building my own Half Top for my '76 RC using the Roof & Rear Wall from a Parts Truck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have both in my possession. I knew I had never seen the sliding windows but am thinking of installing in the hardtop I have for the winter. Prob gonna run the halftop part-time in the summer and gonna work on a bikini top also. 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,249 Posts
dodgecitymopars said:
I have both in my possession. I knew I had never seen the sliding windows but am thinking of installing in the hardtop I have for the winter. Prob gonna run the halftop part-time in the summer and gonna work on a bikini top also.
The Soft Top/Bikini Top was available too, although rare too. A member here (ACuda4Me) has a Bestop Soft Top for a 1974-1980 Ramcharger/Trailduster for sale in the Classifieds section
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,472 Posts
well if ur like me i could make a soft top if i had the industrial sewing machine to do it with ...army taught me how to sew industrial style for parachutes  ;D ...as for the half top good luck on that ...think moose from TN is gonna make a mold someday he's been talking baout it i know that much ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,249 Posts
BrianT said:
well if ur like me i could make a soft top if i had the industrial sewing machine to do it with ...army taught me how to sew industrial style for parachutes ;D ...as for the half top good luck on that ...think moose from TN is gonna make a mold someday he's been talking baout it i know that much ...
It's not hard to make a half top. I've got a '72 D100 Parts Truck that's donating a Bed to my '76 W100 ClubCab, and a Roof to my Ramcharger.

Cut the Roof off at the A-Pillars (slightly below the top of the windshield), cut the Rear Wall off at Floor Level and go all the way around the Cab Corners. Trim to Fit and make some Gaskets, Drink some beer, scratch your head, hammer out the problems, drink some beer.. Viola Half-Top
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,716 Posts
{ttiwwop}


;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,129 Posts
ChrisKD said:
The Soft Top/Bikini Top was available too, although rare too...
Didn't the original '74 have the hard top as an option and no top as standard?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,249 Posts
Honchoman said:
Didn't the original '74 have the hard top as an option and no top as standard?
Yep. No Top was Standard and the Hard Top and Soft Top were optional. I can't imagine anyone who wouldnt have paid a little more and got the roof to go with the rest of the RC :p
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top