Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1801 - 1820 of 1851 Posts

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
4,794 Posts
Still kicking myself for not keeping mine...

It's funny how the soft tops were standard issue but I have never seen one around my parts. Maybe it's because it rains here a lot and everybody just bought the hard top. Lol.

• Love
Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It's funny how the soft tops were standard issue but I have never seen one around my parts. Maybe it's because it rains here a lot and everybody just bought the hard top. Lol.
I'm guessing most rotted away, but assuming most buyers opted for the hard top. I have never seen the vinyl top on one. I guess these days a rhino liner would give the same affect.

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
4,794 Posts
Ya it's strange. I always thought the soft top was the option hence why I never saw one.

·
Registered
52,773 Posts
Tank slappers are NO fun, especially when your feet come off the pegs.
Ha Ha I've been riding tank slappers from more years than not. I got my first minibike at 7 so that puts it at 49 years I've been on 2 wheels. and 37 on the street.
IF I remember correctly. They came ALL through stock with a hard top. The soft-top was an option for a couple hundred $$$
Who in there right mind would not get the soft-top option?
I have now a factory soft-top and have had another one I got with an RC I bought. I did buy an aftermarket soft-top for my 78 though. $500 installed in 1994.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
I have been there and felt that!

Been there, felt that. 1986, it was a Kawasaki HH750 triple. 90 something MPH. I started doing a slalom weave. It worked.
Those Kawasaki 750's were beast.

·
Registered
52,773 Posts
Those Kawasaki 750's were beast.
Yeah they are for sure!
Then I went and bought a new left over 1985 900 Eliminator in 1987, the next BEAST Kawi produced. 0-60 in 2.3sec,1/4 mile in 12.3sec, factory tuning.

Do you know how many times I heard that? ;D
I've still got mine... 47 years this month!
Well I will say I probably would still have my 78TD I did a frame off resto on in 92 and the 78 PW 4 speed 360, with a stepside had I not crunched them both. 😢
BUT I still have the 77RC 400/727 I bought 19 years ago waiting for the resto it was going to get 10 years ago.

Reactions: KurtfromLaQuinta

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Do you know how many times I heard that? ;D
I've still got mine... 47 years this month!
I let it go back in '89. At that time it was only 15 years old. I didn't have it very long and even at that time it had panels riveted to the sides covering up the rust and the bondo the guy used was roofing tar. Yeah, guess what that did in the heat. Here comes The Blob down the side. Dumbass. Had I bought it new, yeah, I'd probably still have it. I have two 74 RC's now. I'm good.

·
Registered
52,773 Posts
I let it go back in '89. At that time it was only 15 years old. I didn't have it very long and even at that time it had panels riveted to the sides covering up the rust and the bondo the guy used was roofing tar. Yeah, guess what that did in the heat. Here comes The Blob down the side. Dumbass. Had I bought it new, yeah, I'd probably still have it. I have two 74 RC's now. I'm good.
Dang dude! You are a youngster compared to Kurt and I. LOL 89 ppppffffftttttt we were married and had kids by then wondering where we were going to keep our 70's mopars so our wives didn't know!
Just bustin you chops kid! LOL..........

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Dang dude! You are a youngster compared to Kurt and I. LOL 89 ppppffffftttttt we were married and had kids by then wondering where we were going to keep our 70's mopars so our wives didn't know!
Just bustin you chops kid! LOL..........
LOL. Marriage and the kid IS why I had to let it go. Couldn't afford the toy anymore.

·
Super Moderator
1,541 Posts

·
4,794 Posts
There are different ways to get in and out of a truck paralyzed and his two ways are the hard ways, lol. Still, good for him! Nice Jeep btw.

• Love

·
4,794 Posts
How high are you? - "hi, how are you!" Ya that's some funny shite. I used to watch that show back in the day when the CBC was a decent channel. The CBC is now hard left and helping to destroy Canada for the United Nations. But that's to be expected when your leader serves Rome andnot the people. That show has a bunch more funny one's also.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
There are different ways to get in and out of a truck paralyzed and his two ways are the hard ways, lol. Still, good for him! Nice Jeep btw.

Until I watched a few of these videos you've posted, I didn't realize that someone that was paralyzed from the waste down could still use their legs for support like that. Thanks for the share.

·
4,794 Posts
Until I watched a few of these videos you've posted, I didn't realize that someone that was paralyzed from the waste down could still use their legs for support like that. Thanks for the share.
Not all can. I can't use my legs like that. No two spinal cord injuries are alike. He's lucky to be able to trigger muscle spasms to lock his legs like that but I'm sure it hurts like the dickens. My muscle spasms hurt so bad it makes me want to punch holes in the wall.

• Sad

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Not all can. I can't use my legs like that. No two spinal cord injuries are alike. He's lucky to be able to trigger muscle spasms to lock his legs like that but I'm sure it hurts like the dickens. My muscle spasms hurt so bad it makes me want to punch holes in the wall.
Ah, I see. Learn something new every day.

·
4,794 Posts
Nerve pain has got to be the #1 most painful thing to endure. It burns hot and cold and feels exactly like a hit from an MSD box, only continuously. It's pretty brutal and when I see that look on his face and hearing his interrupted speech tells me he is being hit with that "MSD box" every time he gets in and out of his truck. The torture we put up with for our trucks I tell ya! 🍻

·
4,794 Posts
The lesson learned here is - never take anything for granted and always be thankful for the things that you are able to do because you never know when it could be taken from you. 👍

1801 - 1820 of 1851 Posts