Dodge RamCharger Central banner
2001 - 2020 of 2042 Posts

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,702 Posts
All these guys do is destroy stuff, look what they did to this poor Dodge....

• Angry
Reactions: mopar65pa

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,702 Posts
This is a prime example of hanging on too long. Vince sounds horrible. If i was at this concert id leave and get my money back! Horrible. Plus he looks like he hasn't missed a meal either. Lol

• Haha

·
Registered
962 Posts
To be fair, this looks like it was taken from at least 2 different shows, so the worst was probably cherry-picked for effect. But the point is the same.

I saw the Crue in 2009 on their FIRST "farewell" tour. I didn't expect great vocals out of an aging rock star, but Vince missed probably 2 out of every 3 words, he mostly just looked winded. I kept thinking that if you didn't have the breath to do it right, then stop running around the stage and be a little more stationary and keep your breath for the vocals.

Tommy was literally missing drum beats, I didn't hear that here but he was doing it back then.

Mick was playing guitar while literally leaning against a walker.

This was 13 friggin years ago. Probably the worst show I had ever seen.

Just hang it up guys, you aren't Gordon Lightfoot, you aren't going to be able to do your style of music forever.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
At least several years ago, Greg Allmen had the good sense to sit at a keyboard most of the time. He sounded pretty good but a concert is never going to sound like a studio recording.

·
6,702 Posts
To be fair, this looks like it was taken from at least 2 different shows, so the worst was probably cherry-picked for effect. But the point is the same.

I saw the Crue in 2009 on their FIRST "farewell" tour. I didn't expect great vocals out of an aging rock star, but Vince missed probably 2 out of every 3 words, he mostly just looked winded. I kept thinking that if you didn't have the breath to do it right, then stop running around the stage and be a little more stationary and keep your breath for the vocals.

Tommy was literally missing drum beats, I didn't hear that here but he was doing it back then.

Mick was playing guitar while literally leaning against a walker.

This was 13 friggin years ago. Probably the worst show I had ever seen.

Just hang it up guys, you aren't Gordon Lightfoot, you aren't going to be able to do your style of music forever.
Ha, i agree. I saw Mötley Crüe in 1984 (shout at the devil tour) opening up for Ozzy Osbourne (bark at the moon tour) and they were just horrible. Vince was so drunk that he was not only missing the words but not even singing most of them, plus he couldn't carry a note. It was brutal and i was pissed off. I saw them again on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour and they were much better and then again twice on the Circus tour and they again weren't too bad but then i discovered that Vince has been lip syncing for years so that explains things. Vince obviously needs to go back to lip syncing or just get off the stage.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Ha, i agree. I saw Mötley Crüe in 1984 (shout at the devil tour) opening up for Ozzy Osbourne (bark at the moon tour) and they were just horrible. Vince was so drunk that he was not only missing the words but not even singing most of them, plus he couldn't carry a note. It was brutal and i was pissed off. I saw them again on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour and they were much better and then again twice on the Circus tour and they again weren't too bad but then i discovered that Vince has been lip syncing for years so that explains things. Vince obviously needs to go back to lip syncing or just get off the stage.
We saw Motley Crue a few years back and really enjoyed the show. We had tickets for OZZY so I could finally see him, but then he had that accident. ...Refund. Lost chances... regret.

·
6,702 Posts
Million dollar Daytona

·
6,702 Posts
For all you gen III Hemi guys!

·
6,702 Posts
Check out Jeremy Mayfield's '74 Dodge! I think he has been reading Kurt's posts and borroed a few styling ques too! Lol

·
6,702 Posts
I wish we could go back to a time when life was good like this old Dodge commercial.

·
6,702 Posts
Nice Cuda in this Aaron Tippin video 👍

• Love

·
Registered
52,847 Posts
IIRC he built an oversized barn for his tour busses so he could work on them himself.

He had another vid with a Mopar in it too. I just can't remember what it was.

·
Registered
52,847 Posts
Found it. I think it's the same car and I think it's his.

·
6,702 Posts
IIRC he built an oversized barn for his tour busses so he could work on them himself.

He had another vid with a Mopar in it too. I just can't remember what it was.
Aaron Tippin is awesome. The other video is "Kiss This" and it has the same '70 Cuda in it. 👍

• Love

·
6,702 Posts

·
Registered
52,847 Posts

:D

2001 - 2020 of 2042 Posts