52,716 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trent, I knew about the video games, but not a movie. Is there a full length feature on DVD or something?

That looked awesome!

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
BradicusX said:
Trent, I knew about the video games, but not a movie. Is there a full length feature on DVD or something?

That looked awesome!
I'll second that question -

Not really into video games, but if that's a movie, it looks pretty cool!

·
Registered
52,716 Posts

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

{cool}

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Here's the 4 and 6 year old dancing..........

Can anyone name that tune?

youtube

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
BradicusX said:

That looked awesome!
oldmanram said:
I'll second that question -

Not really into video games, but if that's a movie, it looks pretty cool!
It appears to just be some low budget fan work. As far as I can tell, the rest of the parts to this movie have not been posted on the internet yet.

From their youtube description:
The Escape From City 17 short film series is an adaptation based on the Half Life computer game saga by Valve Corporation. Originally envisioned as a project to test out numerous post production techniques, as well as a spec commercial, it ballooned into a multi part series. Filmed guerilla style with no money, no time, no crew, no script, the first two episodes were made from beginning to end on a budget of $500.

Additional Notes:

Valve flew the team out to Seattle last year, and the brothers have been in communication with them since.

David and Ian Purchase are commercial directors represented by Sons and Daughters in Toronto. They are working on an unannounced feature film. Not HL related.

They have been huge fans of HL since the days of "ivan the space biker'

www.purchasebrothers.com
Represented for commercials at
www.sonsandaughters.ca

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
tv_larsen said:
It appears to just be some low budget fan work. As far as I can tell, the rest of the parts to this movie have not been posted on the internet yet.
Interesting - I kinda hope they actually make the movie - like I said, I'm not much on video games, but I have seen most of the movies based on them - always been kind of a 'grade B' science fiction movie fan ... they are usually really lame, but really fun to watch :p

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
mopar65pa said:
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

{cool}
Richard Cranium said:
He sent us an email saying how much fun it was ...
His mom was a little stressed -

All I can think is:

O 2 B 24 -

(again) (and single ;D)

;D ;D

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
oldmanram said:
Interesting - I kinda hope they actually make the movie - like I said, I'm not much on video games, but I have seen most of the movies based on them - always been kind of a 'grade B' science fiction movie fan ... they are usually really lame, but really fun to watch :p
There was rumor 2-3 years ago that there was going to be a movie based on the game, but I haven't heard anything since so it may have been scrapped. I've played a lot of games, and Half-Life and Half-Life 2 had the best story lines, it might even translate well into a movie.

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
1 - 20 of 1759 Posts