Dodge RamCharger Central banner
8421 - 8440 of 8501 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Get this, I'm at the steel recycling yard today unloading a ton of wrecked hoods, fenders, doors, etc from my buddy's body shop (i take all his scrap metal away), anyways this guy backs up next to me and starts tossing old Mopar parts in the recycling bin, things like steering columns, grilles, front valances and so I said "hey woah!" what are you doing!, he says - I'm getting rid of junk! and I said wait a minute, do you know what you are throwing away?!? He said yep, nobody answered any of my ads so out it goes he says. I said let me give you a couple of bucks for what you have left and he said, "you can have it all, take it" and so I picked through and got: 340 exhaust tips (one missing the mount), A body wiring harness, two E body wiper motors, 440 power steering pump, 440 "purple shaft" cam, B body brake booster, big block points distributor, big block motor mounts, B body wiper transmission, alternator brackets, wheel covers, and kick down linkages and more. It's all actually in good shape, just dirty. So crazy. The guy threw a ton of 440 stuff in the bin before I realized what he was throwing away. So crazy and sad at the same time. Talk about timing, how this guy shows up on the day at the time I was there. Again, crazy timing. What's crazier is that I didn't know who this guy was. I thought I knew every Mopar guy in town.
WOW, nice score, but you didn't know him because he wasn't a true Mopar guy if he was chuckin' all that stuff. LOL

·
Registered
810 Posts
Browsing the webs for ideas to color my RC. Came across this (minus the black on the hood)
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

now my quarters are rotted and cut off already. I was thinking instead of replacing them how they SHOULD look, I was thinking of boxing them off. My only concern is the drivers side fuel area. What you guys think of this scheme? Wish I had some pics of what I thought of lol.

·
Administrator
62,046 Posts
I like that. I normally do not like the chrome painted, but that flows nice.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
810 Posts
I like that. I normally do not like the chrome painted, but that flows nice.
I find it a pain to paint plastic chrome. It irritates me but I never took my time to do plastic right anyways. I’d do the front and back bumpers and apply some heavy coating on the inside.

this is the idea of what I mean when I say box the quarters off minus this guys cool flowing bumper:

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Car

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,702 Posts
Nothing plastic on a Ramcharger grille or mirrors.

·
Administrator
62,046 Posts
If only we could hear the stories these old birds can tell.

Tire Wheel Aircraft Sky Airplane

·
Registered
810 Posts
Nothing plastic on a Ramcharger grille or mirrors.
You’re right. It’s been a while since I took my grille off. Was thinking of my new truck. Lmao. Maybe if I hit that guy in the Ramcharger I would be better off.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,702 Posts
Browsing the webs for ideas to color my RC. Came across this (minus the black on the hood)
View attachment 630174

now my quarters are rotted and cut off already. I was thinking instead of replacing them how they SHOULD look, I was thinking of boxing them off. My only concern is the drivers side fuel area. What you guys think of this scheme? Wish I had some pics of what I thought of lol.
I dig that Ramcharger. I agree with Superburban, im not typically a fan of people painting the chrome either. The chrome is part of what makes our trucks so cool.

·
6,702 Posts
You’re right. It’s been a while since I took my grille off. Was thinking of my new truck. Lmao. Maybe if I hit that guy in the Ramcharger I would be better off.

View attachment 630177
Lol. There's no such thing as "chrome paint" anyways, as chrome is a metal, not a liquid. Chrome "paint" doesn't have a mirror finish. Anyways, your truck is seriously not damaged badly at all! By the looks of it from that picture, all you need is a new bumper and filler panel under the headlight, and even maybe a headlight (can't tell in the picture if the headlight is broken or not). I'll bet your steering wheel is straight.

·
Administrator
62,046 Posts
Actually some places do use chromium. IIRC, first they use a copper based paint, then elctroplate the chrome on. There is no heat involved in electroplating, so many things can be done, just needs a surface that will conduct current.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Get this, I'm at the steel recycling yard today unloading a ton of wrecked hoods, fenders, doors, etc from my buddy's body shop (i take all his scrap metal away), anyways this guy backs up next to me and starts tossing old Mopar parts in the recycling bin, things like steering columns, grilles, front valances and so I said "hey woah!" what are you doing!, he says - I'm getting rid of junk! and I said wait a minute, do you know what you are throwing away?!? He said yep, nobody answered any of my ads so out it goes he says. I said let me give you a couple of bucks for what you have left and he said, "you can have it all, take it" and so I picked through and got: 340 exhaust tips (one missing the mount), A body wiring harness, two E body wiper motors, 440 power steering pump, 440 "purple shaft" cam, B body brake booster, big block points distributor, big block motor mounts, B body wiper transmission, alternator brackets, wheel covers, and kick down linkages and more. It's all actually in good shape, just dirty. So crazy. The guy threw a ton of 440 stuff in the bin before I realized what he was throwing away. So crazy and sad at the same time. Talk about timing, how this guy shows up on the day at the time I was there. Again, crazy timing. What's crazier is that I didn't know who this guy was. I thought I knew every Mopar guy in town.
NICE!!!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Lol. There's no such thing as "chrome paint" anyways, as chrome is a metal, not a liquid. Chrome "paint" doesn't have a mirror finish. Anyways, your truck is seriously not damaged badly at all! By the looks of it from that picture, all you need is a new bumper and filler panel under the headlight, and even maybe a headlight (can't tell in the picture if the headlight is broken or not). I'll bet your steering wheel is straight.
Yeah the truck drives straight. Tow truck guy winched my bumper out for me and was actually impressed and happy that Ram is using big ol steel bumpers still. The fender actually got pushed back a bit and created a gap between the hood. There’s some inner fender damage so I’m going to see if they can replace that too since insurance is paying lol. The headlight is busted but I only lost a turn signal. Been driving it until it’s body shop time.

·
6,702 Posts
Ya, just cosmetic stuff, nothing structural. The new trucks are built tuff still that's for sure. If my 1979 truck collides with any of the new trucks today the new truck would win hands down. The old trucks rate the strongest for light damage but for heavier damage the new trucks are stronger. The new trucks unfortunately have so many plastic bits that they are highly prone to light damage, witch is nothing in the way being able to repair it, it's just costly. That's why I like old trucks, no plastic bits.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ya, just cosmetic stuff, nothing structural. The new trucks are built tuff still that's for sure. If my 1979 truck collides with any of the new trucks today the new truck would win hands down. The old trucks rate the strongest for light damage but for heavier damage the new trucks are stronger. The new trucks unfortunately have so many plastic bits that they are highly prone to light damage, witch is nothing in the way being able to repair it, it's just costly. That's why I like old trucks, no plastic bits.
I still think I’d rather replace a bumper, fender, and headlight bezel on an old dodge than my new truck.

·
6,702 Posts
Ya due to money costs but in the terms of labour, your truck is easy to take apart. I'll bet theres a good chance that you don't even need Any tools to remove your headlights. A lot of manufacturers just use a lever that you pull and out they come and some filler panels pop into place via clips or press fit tabs and your bumper is probably held on by as many bolts as my truck has only my bumper is much thinner/narrower in overall depth than yours.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
This was fact checked as false because it's a diesel van towing a battery. Close enough.

View attachment 630186
Coming soon to a AAA truck near you! The AAA drivers are going to be pissed. Before it was; Here is your gallon of gas. Now go away. Now it will be; I have to wait HOW LONG for this damn thing to charge!?!?!

·
Administrator
62,046 Posts
The ones that get paid by the hour will love it. And hour of pay to sit in a truck & play with his phone, while it give a boost charge to a car.

• Haha
Reactions: RCCADMAN

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
i don't mind cutting down smaller stuff but i don't have the confidence or know how to do the bigger stuff safely. i also hate the cleanup. i don't mind dragging or cutting up brush as needed. dragging brush to the chipper is most of the work i do but it really isn't that bad.

here is a cool pic from the weather wee had the other day. couldn't tell what mother nature wanted to do.
Love clouds.
The other place where I hang... https://radioparadise.com/home... they have many different forum pages. One is called Clouds where people post cool pictures of... clouds.

8421 - 8440 of 8501 Posts