Dodge RamCharger Central banner
7961 - 7980 of 8023 Posts

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
4,794 Posts
You guys have weird looking trucks in Europe. Lol

Reactions: KurtfromLaQuinta

·
Administrator
61,006 Posts
Dang, its daylight. How long did you wait?

·
Administrator
61,006 Posts
You guys have weird looking trucks in Europe. Lol
They have overall length laws. We just have trailer length, in most places.I enjoyed the last cabover I had, a ton more room inside.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Dang, its daylight. How long did you wait?
Over 3 hours. My ETA changed by 5 hours due to heavier traffic. I turned around and will have to start over again tomorrow, 530 km one way o_O

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
One of my favorite truck setups is this one.
Ram 3500 truck(doesn't matter what year) with big trailer. It looks odd and cool at the same time.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Truck

Vehicle Tire Land vehicle Car Grille

Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
One of my favorite truck setups is this one.
Ram 3500 truck(doesn't matter what year) with big trailer. It looks odd and cool at the same time.
View attachment 624810
View attachment 624813
View attachment 624812
Americans think bigger is better. Some of us think we need to tow a house to go camping. We now have 4+ horse trailers combined with a camper that has slide outs. I can see those out on the rodeo circuit. And we need the big trucks and trailers out on the construction sites.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Reactions: Panda

·
Administrator
61,006 Posts
Just because it can, does not mean it should. I would rather have a medium or full size truck.

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
4,794 Posts

·
4,794 Posts
Out at the scrap steel yard today....

Attachments

·
4,794 Posts
As I was driving by, I noticed a ship full of nice boats which was odd.....

Attachments

·
Administrator
61,006 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Panda

·
4,794 Posts

·
4,794 Posts
Always loved the color of your truck. Looks just right for me.
Thanks man, I appreciate that. It's the same paint that was on it when I bought it almost 11 years ago 🙂

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thanks man, I appreciate that. It's the same paint that was on it when I bought it almost 11 years ago 🙂
I wish I was in your generation lol. my father brought home plenty of mint trucks for next to nothing. Now all I can find is early 2000s fords with no clear coat and I can stick my head in the cab corner holes.

• Haha
Reactions: JUNKYARDTOM

·
4,794 Posts
I wish I was in your generation lol. my father brought home plenty of mint trucks for next to nothing. Now all I can find is early 2000s fords with no clear coat and I can stick my head in the cab corner holes.
Well, the old iron is still out there AND you can still get them cheap right now. You just need a sharp eye when driving around and recognize signs of "potential" in certain yards. I just found a yellow '79 stepside the other week - it was clean and looked like someone was driving it regularly - but still, it could have just as easily been a derelict also. The thing about finding cheap trucks is looking for the trucks that haven't been driven in a while - trucks that need some work, those are (and always have been) the cheap scores. My truck was sitting down at the end of a driveway for years before I saved it. It was full of green yuck all over it with the dash all ripped apart sitting on 4 flat tires and cobwebs all throughout the brakes and suspension. It had sat for 5 years or so and I bought it for $1000 bones Canadian. Trucks that need work are cheap and the ones that are clean are not. So start driving around and looking down people's driveways as you drive by and if you see something, stop and ask if its for sale. Hopefully nobody will shoot you, lol, or save one from that yard in Arizona, I'll bet you can pick one up cheap there.

Reactions: Lzed

·
4,794 Posts
All I did before I bought it was, first, heard it run and listened for noises, and second, put it in drive and reverse to check to see how long it took to engage in all the gears. Once that all checked out I then right away put a new: carb, distributor, coil, water pump, fuel pump, new fuel line, filter, etc. I got it driveable and later started adding to it one by one and it's still a never ending project which is half the fun!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well, the old iron is still out there AND you can still get them cheap right now. You just need a sharp eye when driving around and recognize signs of "potential" in certain yards. I just found a yellow '79 stepside the other week - it was clean and looked like someone was driving it regularly - but still, it could have just as easily been a derelict also. The thing about finding cheap trucks is looking for the trucks that haven't been driven in a while - trucks that need some work, those are (and always have been) the cheap scores. My truck was sitting down at the end of a driveway for years before I saved it. It was full of green yuck all over it with the dash all ripped apart sitting on 4 flat tires and cobwebs all throughout the brakes and suspension. It had sat for 5 years or so and I bought it for $1000 bones Canadian. Trucks that need work are cheap and the ones that are clean are not. So start driving around and looking down people's driveways as you drive by and if you see something, stop and ask if its for sale. Hopefully nobody will shoot you, lol, or save one from that yard in Arizona, I'll bet you can pick one up cheap there.
Luckily my girlfriend lives in PA country. We drive by old rigs all the time and she’s always trying to stop me from pulling over and knocking on doors. Usually look like an old farmers truck or just something that’s been sitting for a few years with mold on the top.

7961 - 7980 of 8023 Posts