Dodge RamCharger Central banner
7581 - 7600 of 7622 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
I don’t think I would keep them in a greenhouse all summer. They would dry out too quickly in pots in a hot greenhouse. Plus they need room to put out roots.

I think you could start them in a greenhouse for sure though. Transplant whenever you start getting consistently hot days.
What I had in mind was a greenhouse with regular beds, not pots. The plants are being put directly into the ground.

Plant Plant community Fines herbes Leaf vegetable Terrestrial plant

That's what most people do around here to get bigger crops.
My sister plants her tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and beans and they grow up to the roo greenhouse.

We always had a vegetable garden with my parents but it was never my thing. Now when I got some more time, and my garden is finished I can finally get into vegetables. They require everyday care and more regular work than what I'm used to:)

Let's switch to Green makes me ...

·
Registered
13,336 Posts
sometimes called a "high tunnel " todays plastic can last up to 5-6 years . I prefer the round type not the peaked .

·
Registered
711 Posts
sometimes called a "high tunnel " todays plastic can last up to 5-6 years . I prefer the round type not the peaked .
That's what my parents had. It can last up to 5 years as long as you take it off for the winter.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The Zeppelin just flew over our house. I haven't seen any in years.

They are cool inventions. Majestic, but totally unpractical.
Sky Cloud Atmosphere Plant Tree

Sky Parachute Blue Paragliding Parachuting

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

·
Registered
22,064 Posts
My dogs always bark at blimps and hot air balloons. LOL :)

·
Administrator
60,208 Posts
My dogs always bark at blimps and hot air balloons. LOL :)
My dogs bark at just about anybody that walks be, not just the blimps. :unsure: thats some good training.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
I can guess without looking... small block shivette.
you are likely right. i really didn't look that closely at the engine. i was more interested in the metal work. you don't see custom stuff like it very often. most time you see stuff like this just completely topless and more plain jane kind of like the yellow car.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
'79 Dodge Power Wagon Macho
3,917 Posts
Ya but that yellow car is Milner's car! Nice '67 Dart GT in the background.

·
Registered
7,338 Posts

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
you are likely right. i really didn't look that closely at the engine. i was more interested in the metal work. you don't see custom stuff like it very often. most time you see stuff like this just completely topless and more plain jane kind of like the yellow car.
View attachment 620414
View attachment 620415
You pretty much can predict any "street rod", at any car show, has a boring, belly button, small block in it.
I was a "Cars and Coffee" show this morning. Lots of boring belly button small blocks there.
Along with "old" guys telling me "so and so did a really good job building this." Boring.
And there we were... my son and I with our Power Wagons. ;D
Pictures at my forum page...

·
Administrator
60,208 Posts
I used to go to the Street Rods Nats East back in Pa, every year. There was a handful of owners that would change something major every year. One guy with the typical T-bucket,would have a different engine every year. A6.2 diesel one time, a cummins, Several big blocks (yes, a mopar one time), small blocks, flat heads, A wisconsin V4, a Subaru flat 6. Every one looked like he spent years fitting it in, dreasing them up, but he just did it every winter, then toured with the various street rod Nats, and other shows all summer. I have some pics somewhere.

Reactions: KurtfromLaQuinta

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
I used to go to the Street Rods Nats East back in Pa, every year. There was a handful of owners that would change something major every year. One guy with the typical T-bucket,would have a different engine every year. A6.2 diesel one time, a cummins, Several big blocks (yes, a mopar one time), small blocks, flat heads, A wisconsin V4, a Subaru flat 6. Every one looked like he spent years fitting it in, dreasing them up, but he just did it every winter, then toured with the various street rod Nats, and other shows all summer. I have some pics somewhere.
Well kudos to him for being different... AND doing his own work.

·
Administrator
60,208 Posts
I always went with a friend from way back. He would look at the cars as he likes them, or not. Not much in between. I did not care so much the end result, but looked at what the owner tried, and accomplished. Even if it was on the ugly side, I liked to see what they attempted, win or fail, I thought the attempt was great. Funny how we would get into arguments over things other people did to their cars. They were some great days, I miss Him.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
You pretty much can predict any "street rod", at any car show, has a boring, belly button, small block in it.
ya i know it is a super common engine which is why i rarely look at the engine and are usually more so drawn in by the cool or unique cars and not the super common cars.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
'79 Dodge Power Wagon Macho
3,917 Posts
That 392 Hemi ain't so super common, that's for sure.

7581 - 7600 of 7622 Posts