59,685 Posts
Here is a great pic.

Reactions: RCCADMAN

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Earth, Texas. Weed, California.
Damn hippies are everywhere! ;D
I found this picture about 3 weeks ago. I tend to hunt down pictures of clouds... one of my favorite subjects. (Perhaps because my head is always there). I have quite a collection on my screensaver pictures. I edited this picture with my favorite editor... Pixelmater...

·
Administrator
59,685 Posts
I need to get back into pics. You did good, to bad they do not make the pixelmater for windows.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
I need to get back into pics. You did good, to bad they do not make the pixelmater for windows.
Pixelmater is awesome.
It's scary what you can do with pictures. And it's quick and easy... and reasonably priced. Especially compared to Photoshop.

·
Administrator
59,685 Posts
So all those pics of your truck are fake? o_O

LOL, I'm impressed looking at the pic you did.

Reactions: Panda

·
Super Moderator
1,296 Posts
This would make a great mural starter for the side of a shaggin wagon. Just add a mostly naked warrior chick riding a Pegasus.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
So all those pics of your truck are fake? o_O

LOL, I'm impressed looking at the pic you did.
Just when I take a picture of the rear axle/ disc brakes, transmission, front disc brakes... anything that's not stock Mopar. ☺
Pixalmater is so easy. If I can do it...

Here's a picture I edited with it from my wife's and I's trip to Hawaii a few years ago.
It was taken from the 14th floor at some hotel on Waikiki Beach we stayed at.
The original shot the beach was semi- full of people and part of the hotel blocked the shot of the beach.
I wiped out al the people and extended the shot on the right to make a better view of the beach. I even added a palm tree.

Another thing... After all the worries and bothers about this new forum setup... I really like the way we can just drop pictures onto our comments.
What a nice improvement from the hassles of doing it before!

·
Administrator
59,685 Posts
Another thing... After all the worries and bothers about this new forum setup... I really like the way we can just drop pictures onto our comments.
What a nice improvement from the hassles of doing it before!
Yea, now you are getting me back into photography. I was even looking at some good cameras a bit ago. :unsure:

Yes, I especially like how easy it is to add a pic in the middle of the text. I'm still learning, I spent the last few months using the cell phone, due to many local reasons. I have my wifi back up enough to use. Of course the day after I learned I can use the cell phone as a wifi hot spot.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The original shot the beach was semi- full of people and part of the hotel blocked the shot of the beach.
I wiped out al the people and extended the shot on the right to make a better
That's amazing what you can do to photos nowadays, all you need is a good software and some basic skills.
Nice photo BTW.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Chrysler national in Carlisle PA today.
“dirty bird” barn find. I think it said 6k original miles on the dash. 440 6 pack

cant forget General Lee. horn and all. 2 late 80s RC’s were there. One sold. Wish there was more trucks but hell of a lot of 426 hemi’s around.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Today was a day I finally got a day off from work. So, I had a chance to catch up on things

My work/ garage compressor, that I’ve had for at least 41 years, motor seemed to die the other day. It’s had the same 220 motor in it since I bought it from Sears. I’ve done very little maintenance to it all those years. When it was just my garage compressor it was fine. But I’ve been using it for work for years now. It was always an issue because of the 220 volt.
I made an adapter for it by putting a “dryer plug” on the end of my extension cord. Sometimes there’s no dryer plugs inside some houses. I would have to scab into a breaker box and find 220 there.
I always thought... this 220 motor will die soon and then I’ll get a 120. It happened finally. I tried sourcing a new motor by trying Harbor Freight. Their selection was too limited. The closest one they had was down on horsepower and rpm’s. So, it was off to Ebay. I found one there with the specs I needed...except it was made in China. It did have a good rating/ reviews. I didn’t have much of a choice anyways. It showed up today.
I installed it and it seems to work okay. I’ll give it the big test in a few days.

So, here’s my old pal that will kill my back one of these days.

It originally had this funky plastic cover all over it. But after I got T-Boned by a drunk driver in my truck way back, and it was in the back of my truck then, it flipped over and cracked that cover badly. I made a new belt/ pulley cover and trashed the ugly old cover. I replaced the original regulator because it was a leaker. I stumbled across that one you see there on Ebay used. A quality American made unit!
This thing is heavy. Especially when you have to lift it the distance to my bed on my truck.
I’ve put a couple of handles on it for the purpose of lifting it in stages. First to my bench... then to the bed after a re- grip. The old "Clean and Jerk".
I feel like a Russian weight lifter most times. ;D

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Chrysler national in Carlisle PA today.
“dirty bird” barn find. I think it said 6k original miles on the dash. 440 6 pack

cant forget General Lee. horn and all. 2 late 80s RC’s were there. One sold. Wish there was more trucks but hell of a lot of 426 hemi’s around.
I'd like to make it back there one of these days.

·
Administrator
59,685 Posts
I'd like to make it back there one of these days.
Thats what I was thinking. Even though I lived right down the road, I have not been there since the late 90's (moved to Co back in 2009). Always wanted to go back, but too much other stuff got in the way. I used to go there with a few friends for almost every event, since shortly after they started back in the 70's. Unfortunately, none of those friends are around anymore.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
335 Posts
I appreciate the sentiment, but leaving the "original" dust and dirt on that Superbird seems a bit overboard. It's a survivor not a relic.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I appreciate the sentiment, but leaving the "original" dust and dirt on that Superbird seems a bit overboard. It's a survivor not a relic.
highly agree. cars are meant to be on the road, no matter the value. I’d clean the dirt off & leave the patina.

It was a very cool event. I picked up a couple decent Ramcharger and LE 150 badges for next to nothing, they were in better shape than mine. I was just happy it wasn’t a ton of chevelles and mustangs like every other show I’ve been to. Chrysler national is a billion dollar event with the rarity of these cars 😁

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah I would have at least cleaned it too.
Glad you had a good time. I’ve never been out to Carlisle but did go to the Nats in Columbus a few times in late 90s and early 00s. It was so much fun

·
Registered
865 Posts
Today was a day I finally got a day off from work. So, I had a chance to catch up on things

My work/ garage compressor, that I’ve had for at least 41 years, motor seemed to die the other day. It’s had the same 220 motor in it since I bought it from Sears. I’ve done very little maintenance to it all those years. When it was just my garage compressor it was fine. But I’ve been using it for work for years now. It was always an issue because of the 220 volt.
I made an adapter for it by putting a “dryer plug” on the end of my extension cord. Sometimes there’s no dryer plugs inside some houses. I would have to scab into a breaker box and find 220 there.
I always thought... this 220 motor will die soon and then I’ll get a 120. It happened finally. I tried sourcing a new motor by trying Harbor Freight. Their selection was too limited. The closest one they had was down on horsepower and rpm’s. So, it was off to Ebay. I found one there with the specs I needed...except it was made in China. It did have a good rating/ reviews. I didn’t have much of a choice anyways. It showed up today.
I installed it and it seems to work okay. I’ll give it the big test in a few days.

So, here’s my old pal that will kill my back one of these days.

View attachment 618794

View attachment 618795

It originally had this funky plastic cover all over it. But after I got T-Boned by a drunk driver in my truck way back, and it was in the back of my truck then, it flipped over and cracked that cover badly. I made a new belt/ pulley cover and trashed the ugly old cover. I replaced the original regulator because it was a leaker. I stumbled across that one you see there on Ebay used. A quality American made unit!
This thing is heavy. Especially when you have to lift it the distance to my bed on my truck.
I’ve put a couple of handles on it for the purpose of lifting it in stages. First to my bench... then to the bed after a re- grip. The old "Clean and Jerk".
I feel like a Russian weight lifter most times. ;D
Is that now a 110 motor? If so, what did that cost you? Got a link?

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
7341 - 7360 of 7377 Posts