Dodge RamCharger Central banner
7321 - 7340 of 7382 Posts

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
And then... There's the 69 Charger with a truck frame in the background... What are some people smoking?

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts
As much as I do not like the end result, I have to say they did good body work. How many of us would try such a complicated project? I am decent at metal work (thick stuff, not body work), I can design something to work as needed. But I have no artistic ability, and cannot picture how something will look when it is done. I have to give him the credit, for seeing something (or not), and carrying the project through to completion. At least it is not rusting away behind a barn.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Not as unique, but I took this one last fall

View attachment 618145
Oh no! It's Pioneer Woman's town!
When we drove Route 66 two years ago... my wife wanted to do a side trip to Pioneer Woman's town.
I've never seen her groupies in such force! It was crazy!
She definitely saved that town from blowing away in the dust.
We even went out to the place where they filmed the show. And my wife posed at the counter where all the cooking is done...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Oh no! It's Pioneer Woman's town!
When we drove Route 66 two years ago... my wife wanted to do a side trip to Pioneer Woman's town.
I've never seen her groupies in such force! It was crazy!
She definitely saved that town from blowing away in the dust.
We even went out to the place where they filmed the show. And my wife posed at the counter where all the cooking is done...

View attachment 618265
Yeah thats pretty much how I got roped into it. The wife is a huge fan. I don't mind watching either I guess.

We were passing through OK and made a side trip. Stayed in the hotel across the street from her shop/resteraunt there in Pawhuska. Seeing the Power Wagon made it worth it, I guess. :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
With 6'5 I loose my dignity getting in and out of a sports car :LOL:

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts
Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
'79 Dodge Power Wagon Macho
3,531 Posts
With 6'5 I loose my dignity getting in and out of a sports car :LOL:
Really?!? Youd loose your dignity getting in and out of an ACR Viper? Wow, you must be privileged 💖

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
what

Attachments

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Saw this toy in the hallway of one of the engineering buildings at New Mexico State University

Attachments

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I saw that article. Cool truck.

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
This was in the latest issue of Mopar Collectors guide...
I admire people who have the talent and skills to make such masterpieces.

I struggle with spray paint ;) and they fabricate everything by hand, paint it, put new motors and interior in but the main point is that that all the puzzles fit together and look amazing.

That's all beyond my level of skills. I can only read about it or watch it on TV.
Maybe in a few years...

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I admire people who have the talent and skills to make such masterpieces.

I struggle with spray paint ;) and they fabricate everything by hand, paint it, put new motors and interior in but the main point is that that all the puzzles fit together and look amazing.

That's all beyond my level of skills. I can only read about it or watch it on TV.
Maybe in a few years...
Yep. We all have our talents. And sometimes you can acquire them from pure stubbornness! :)
Or through many years of failures and accomplishments.

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts
The unmistakable nose of a B-25!
Yep, I think it is the only one still flying. I took that pic a number of years ago. It has been back in town giving flights this last week. I could listen to the engine, and watch it all day.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Yep, I think it is the only one still flying. I took that pic a number of years ago. It has been back in town giving flights this last week. I could listen to the engine, and watch it all day.

View attachment 618513
Being pretty close to the Palm Springs Air Museum... we get flyovers all the time at my house of some classic planes.
I've seen a B-17 fairly regularly. A PBY Catalina. Always the C-47. Hellcats. SBD Dauntless, Texan, P-51, Avenger, probably that same B-25 and even a B-29 once!
Yes. The sound of those multi- cylinder radial engines get you attention immediately.

7321 - 7340 of 7382 Posts