Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I don't do this very often but the guy drivin the loader always objects to getting any where near my truck. It's generally a brief conversation about how many other pickups have ya run in to with the thing?

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
There's a movie on netflix - [prewar?] Adolf somehow shows up current day england. Homeless and clearly confused about his circumstance, he's gets taken in by some people that are too young to know anything about WWII. He falls in to a role as a social commentator and develops a cult following. It's worth a watch and in fact, I think I need to give it another watch.

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
crazzywolfie said:
i sell 1 machine and drag home another ;D. sitting on the fence deciding whether i should fix it or just sell this one as is. i know it is probably worth fixing but i don't need a 4th snowblower ;D
What does "need" have to do with it?

Near the end of the summer, the transaxle in my bought it new 20 yrs ago riding mower broke. I majorly lucked out and scored an identical one on craigs. It was dirt cheap because of the wasted front tires, screwed up charging system and blown ignition. I paid about what the guy had in it for the recent new belts, blades and battery to get the "donor" trans I needed.

Wanna guess what happened next?

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
crazzywolfie said:
hahaha you run out of space eventually lol.
Yeah, I kinda had to shuffle some things around to open up a parking space.

One justification (umm, rationalization?) is that spares are good. If one of my 40 yr old Dodges breaks something serious, I can just drive one of the others until I manage to get it fixed. Now I can do the same thing with my 20 yr old mowers. A weaker one is I won't have the track down the neighbor next time I get one stuck in some mud.

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I went looking for just a transaxle and found plenty cheap enough - just nothing close to what I needed. Ended up scoring an entire identical (down to the model number) tractor for not much more. Dry rotted front tires, screwed up charging system, mice in the ignition wires but a good axle!

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I threw the donor axle in my old tractor that was otherwise in solid condition. Then I tore the broken transaxle apart to find the fail and fixed it. Somewhere along the line I fixed the charging system, ignition, wiring and flat tires on the 'parts donor'. Spare parts are good. They're better when they're running.

Tell me you didn't see that coming.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I put an electric hoist in my garage ceiling primarily for popping my top. Has since been useful for unloading things and swapping tractor axles. With a bit of rigging could probably lift up an entire small tractor. My weight test when installing was a complete 440  ;D

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
PGG said:
A facebook page you guys might like search on facebook Fine Pop Top Ass
Most of my pics of that sort are not G rated. Hell, not even R rated but that's another topic.

As the current topic is chicks and engine hoists.....

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Recently spotted this little gem a few miles from house. Shop was closed, no for sale sign, suspect it could be bought.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Elwenil said:
Looks like a typical Dodge Retriever setup.
I've seen 4wd Dodge wreckers but most of the Retrievers I've seen are 2wd. They also used NoMar bodies and this one looks like Holmes or at least not a NoMar. On a related note: if anybody wants a real deal 2wd Retriever for cheap, I know where one is at.

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
mopar65pa said:
Stop teasing me! My wife rolled her eyes, then after I told her no more trailer I could just bring the cars and trucks back with the wrecker she said "well for that price if you are going to restore trucks and cars when you retire maybe it's worth it" :eek:
Maybe I should just buy it and park it in my backyard for a couple years until yer ready for it. I mean the price will go up while I tinker on it but it will still be a bargain.

Unless I start using it for the same reason as I'm already retired. Spotted an estate sale Doba this week. Not running because of how long it's been parked and don't really want another one. The 15" factory ralleys that are on it are worth the ask if I bought them as new repops and as good as any excuse for that tire machine I just spotted.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts