Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
3,012 Posts
And, here is that '79 I'll Red Express that I found that is ironically just blocks away from my buddy's house who owns the '68 Cuda that I built the 340 for. I spoke to the owner today and asked if it is for sale and he said it could be. He is the original owner and bought it new at one of our local dealerships here in town. He said that he saw it on the car hauler on the ferry when he was on it coming home from the mainland one day and asked the driver where he was headed with that truck, and the driver said he was going to Ensign Chrysler with it (one of two Chrysler dealerships here in town) and so he went home got some money and drove to the dealership and even beat the hauler there. He walked into the dealership and said that he was there to buy that red truck on the hauler and the dealership said sure, we will sell you that truck but if we knock a grand off the price can we just keep it in the showroom for one week? and so he agreed and drove it home. He paid $11,000 (Canadian) for it. It's got about 130,000 kms on it and it's been sitting for almost 30 years. Yikes. I should have snapped a picture of the interior but it's all original inside and in rough shape like the outside. It has the split bench still (with rips) and it has the tough wheel. He has the stacks but the cores are rotted out but the grilles and tips are in good shape he says. The 360 has long tube headers buts its mostly stock otherwise. He said he also has all new graphics for it that he bought at the dealer in the original packaging. Crazy. Its sad to see that sitting there like that under a pine tree knowing how rare they are (even though '79 had the highest production numbers). It's totally salvageable but it's in rough shape. The guy knows what he has and yet he lets it sit like that. Painful.
I am no stranger to finding rare cars and trucks around here as this island has always been a gold mine for rare Mopars.
There is a guy here in my town that has TWO LRE's sitting in his back yard rotting.

Bucky

· Registered
3,012 Posts
While I was at my buddy's tire shop a BEAUTIFUL '60 Plymouth Saratoga pulls up. 383 RB engine with push button automatic - a one year only engine and only available in cars sold in the states. Original colour but not original paint obviously.
I thought 59 was the year of the 383 RB?
Anyways that's beautiful! I had a 60 DeSoto Fireflite 2dr which was basically the same body shell. It had a 361

Bucky

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Looks like it would be hard to see the action on the backstretch due to all those billboards.
Losing tracks to "progress" or abandonment is always sad.

Bucky

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Well the FOB on a Grand Caravan (2010) is still used as a key, inserted into a slot & eventually will crack & break. And you have to have two working FOBs in order to program a third, without dicking with the dealer. Just another dumbass "advancement".

The FOB for my wife's Lincoln is the carry in your pocket type & is much better.

Bucky

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Yes, airbags & black boxes, tracking devices hidden cameras. Because people are lying pieces of shits & have to be watched at all times. And good ol Big Brother is more than happy to monitor the situation.

Bucky

Reactions: Panda

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Your phone & your computer give the "watchers" more information than your car. So does your debit/credit cards & the damned bank. And a good percentage of criminals use vehicles that are either stolen, have temporary paper plates, or both.

Just leave your phone at home OFF, walk wherever you go, pay cash & smile for the cameras. Quite simple

Bucky

· Registered
3,012 Posts
I had a couple semesters of welding in Ag Mechanics class in high school. I could stick weld thick metal fairly decent, it'd hold but not necessarily pretty. But couldn't weld the thin stuff if my life depended on it, unless maybe someone else set up the wire welder for me. I was only guessing with how much current, wire speed, etc. I admire folks who can do delicate work, including an old school relative of mine (now deceased) who could literally weld anything.

Bucky

Reactions: Lzed

· Registered
3,012 Posts
They made that crap to be outdated before you figure out how to use them. Its what keeps them in business. Pretty much all products are now consumables, there aren't anymore durable things being produced. Except Wal-mart bags, they'll be here forever.

Bucky

Reactions: Lzed

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Sounds like y'all need to move. lol
Or burrow deeper into the Earth

Today was the 3rd hottest day in recorded history here & the hottest day ever in a July. 115
There was some 116's & a 117 in June 1980. Texas all time record is 120 at nearby Seymour, set back in the 1930's.

Bucky

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Will that windmill be for pumping water or just for looks? I think they are cool, would love to have one for a water well.
I once hunted from one that had a deer blind built on it. Shot my first & only whitetail from it.

Bucky

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Most likely the 68 GTX vertible had a 440, the 426H was the only option & rarer.

Didn't some of the 64 max-wedge & 68 Dart/Cuda super stock drag cars also have non-hinged hoods?

Bucky

· Registered
3,012 Posts
I suppose they did, or at least one or two. I'm thinking some of the 64 era race Hemi cars would fall into this category. Maybe even the Ramcharger/Max wedge. I can't say what the dividing line is but I do believe that Chrysler made non-street legal purpose built drag cars throughout the 60's. And in the 70's they had a dirt track "kit" package based upon the Challenger if I recall correctly.

Bucky

1 - 20 of 49 Posts