Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on camping at RamJam with a tent and normal camping gear. What i want to know is what do the camping grounds offer and what are the restrictions.
Are there bathrooms or do we ruff it?
Are there camp site grills or fire pits?
Can we have camp fires?
Can we collect wood there or do we need to bring are own?
Are there camp site picnic tables?
Is there running water at the camp sites?
Are there trash dumping areas?
Do you park at your camp site or in a parking lot?

These are just few questions i had before RamJam that i hadn't seen answered. If they have on another post then please just post the link. Thanks alot

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
Skip will have to follow up on this and answer the questions, but I will answer what I know.

I don't think there are grills or fire pits, but plenty of people will have pits there. I also don't believe there are picnic tables, I was thinking of bringing some foldable tables out. I am sure you can park where you camp.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Yes, there are bathrooms with showers. Still they are kinda primitave and usually have a line.
No campsite grills...bring your own.
Yes, you can have camp fires
Yes, you can collect wood as long as you don't cut down any trees. There is 1,000 acres and plenty of downed trees
No campsite tables. Again bring something
Yes there is running water at most sites. Some with electric. This is something we need to address before RamJam.
Yes, there is a site to dump trash
You park where you camp.

Since we will be camping at the Truck Rodeo area it will be slightly different than normal camp site areas. Again, hopefully we can get some members up there to look the place over closer and help make some decisions.

·
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the info skip, i will try to help in any way i can. Did the Texas crew want to all BBQ one night? Im game if the rest of yall are. I will probably bring some wood so i don't have to go searching for it, only becasue i have ranch full of it ;D I guess everyone will be close to each other. Will there be certain camping spots for each person or is it first come first serve.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
The last time I talked with Tommy he said we would have access to about 75 acreas for Ram Jam. That does not count the other 1,000 acres we can wheel on.

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Can I bring my dogs? Is there a place to swim?

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
No place to swim. Yes, we will have controll over access to the truckrodeo area. Most groups charge an admission price for those who want to come and watch or participate. We will have to have members at both entrances to the truck rodeo area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts