Dodge RamCharger Central banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 1979 Trail Duster. Â Bought it on June 3, 2004 for $1700. Â Specs are below. Â Thanks for looking! Â ;)

Here are the Specs:

Engine: 360 2bbl
Transmission: 727
T-Case: NP-203 full time unit
31x10.50R15 LT tires

Other goodies:

spotlight on roof.
idle adjustment switch (removed, but solenoid is still there)
hydraulic braking mechanism (works great for trails)
There are also steel plates where a winch can be mounted to the frame.

James W.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's a sport isn't it?How are those lights mounted up front?Could you get some closer pics?Oh and welcome to the plymouth family it's a money hogging addiction

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cool my project now is a 78 TD sport.360 jasper motor and 4" lift for now.Mine has the same rims and interior as yours only a little flashier.I have buckets,console,tach,vacuum gauge.Get me some more pics of that thing

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of the first modifications on mine are going to be a full roll cage and soft top for the summer time. Then I will updgrade to 32" tires when the 31s wear out. I'm going to stick with the 4" suspension lift and will eventually get this truck off the blocks and onto stiffer springs. I actually love the way this one looks just the way it is (plus, with low foliage here in WA, a big lift would mean scrapes on the roof). One thing I need to do is get a 2" body lift for it, as the original bushings are all worn out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
With a 4" lift why not just go with 33's?I have 4" and 33's on those rims now and could go bigger

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I considered it, but this truck gets about 17 mpg (freeway). Upgrading to 33s would affect my gas mileage somewhat. Also, I may blame the great gas mileage on higher gear ratios at the differential. Upgrading to taller tires may make my truck get stuck in the mud, until I upgrade to 4.11 gears. ;D

·
Registered
57 Posts
17mpg!!!!!!Wow I get like 7.No it's not that bad but with gas prices it seems it.Get me some more pics of that thing please

·
Registered
57 Posts
How about pics of those front lights and how they mount?some more interior too.Just anything you can get me.It is great to see one like mine.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got some new pics tonight.

This shows my fog lights in the grill. It's kinda nice to have them mounted like this without destroying a perfectly good grill.

The light is mounted using a "L" shaped pieces of metal about 9" long. The vertical part is attached to the core support using two bolts. The light is attached to the horizontal piece of the metal just like any other mounting tab.

The real advantage that I see is that one could use a lighter winch bumber without using a heavy grill guard as a light mounting location. At first, I didn't like the lights there, but they've grown on me and it's actually a really great place to mount auxilliary lights. ;)

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My ftp is acting a little funny right now. I'll upload a few more pics later and post em. I'm a lil tired right now.

I need to check my head lights anyway. Thanks for the compliments Ramzilla! ;)

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is the other side of the light mount. You can barely see the two bolts that attach the metal to the core support.

I also have a few more pics that I took that day...

My first mod. Wonder if it will give me more horse power... ;D

Actually, it has already rewarded me with compliments and middle fingers alike. :p

The other day, I noticed a few small ants crawling around on the outside of the TD. Can't have that now, can we? I took some action...

Those bug bombs sure make the truck smell funny.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks great thanks for the light shots I think I may do that but down lower close to the bumper.Great looking TD

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice Trail Duster. I was wondering if it had ac since it was the sport model? Also I was wondering how the front bench seat was bolted down? Does the seat have studs and is held by nuts you install from under the truck? Thanks Mike

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
nope not an A\C model... i know this from seeing it myself. as for the seat i THINK its bolted down with nuts on the bottom... but i am unsure on that..... raminator will know better.... but i help as much as i can

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well the engine pic shows no a/c my 78 sport has a/c and my plain 79 I used to have had a/c

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.