Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the stock ramcharger wheelbase? I tried search, maybe I wasn't doing it right, but i couldn't find it.

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
macario said:
A car buddy told me that is the shortest wheelbase of any of the competetors makes.

Mac
RC's are 106", and as far as I know, full-size Blazers are 106.5" and full-size Bronco's are 104.7". If your buddy meant the RC has the shortest full-size wheelbase, he's wrong. But there's really not much difference.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Good info to know.

Mac

tv_larsen said:
macario said:
A car buddy told me that is the shortest wheelbase of any of the competetors makes.

Mac
RC's are 106", and as far as I know, full-size Blazers are 106.5" and full-size Bronco's are 104.7". If your buddy meant the RC has the shortest full-size wheelbase, he's wrong. But there's really not much difference.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright thanks. There is a off-road park in my area, but you have to have a wheelbase under 115". So I can take it up there when it's done.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
i think the shortbox pickups with a normal cab are 115" on the dot so you could use one of them too.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
yeah, well u cheated sam....lol.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
i was thinking the other day (scary isnt it) that its getting harder to find 2wd pop top rcs around me but not too hard to find 2wd 70s pickups. the rcs are a 106", the short beds are 115". how hard would it be to take a shortbed truck frame from a 4wd rc, and drop it on a 2wd shortbed frame. to make the bigger wheel base fit just take the rear area of the rc and cut it down the middle. line it all up and then take a 9" strip out of the shortbed in the same location to make it all look stock. then you dont just have a pop top rc 2wd, you got one with a longer wheel base and more interior space. you also have to lenghten the roof and prolly the windows, but it wouldnt be that hard would it?

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
actually there are a few different wheelbase sizes for the shortbed trucks. they can be 108 or 112 inches

also, i beleive the blazer is 108 inches as well

eric

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
well a 108 would be alot easier to make then...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts