Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You should be able to make almost any bucket seat work. Center console as far as I know is seperate from the seats. Try the classifieds in this site. Someone is sure to have something.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I know where there is a set of 79 or 80 low back buckets are but they are pretty rough and don't have the risers. Look on ebay for a console a buddy of mine got a nice one cheap on there recently. any RC console will fit any year RC.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
check car-parts.com -- there are a lot of them listed on the site. different years,colors,w & w/o console. poss some yards close to you. good luck --sheriff--

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
I've got a blue console from a 1990 RC. It's sitting in my garage (unlike the other parts I have to remove from the old RC).

I think I remember hearing that Caravan seats will fit.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I also heard that those nice cushy reclining (power!) seats from a New Yorker will fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darnit, wish I wouldve joined the site earlier.

There are several racing seats I think I could make fit, but it'd be so much easier to get some out of a ramcharger because I know they will fit no problem.

Might end up getting some of the racing style buckets anyway and fabbing my own console.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just recently found a set of buckets to put in my 81 Dodge PU which has the exact floor config as my RC. I'm sure the seats were from a van, but they were already out of it. I was planning on using the bases as they were on but to level them out I would have had to build some supports to work right. I happened to have a set of RC bases hanging around that I found at a JY. Putting the new seats on the RC bases was a breeze and of course a perfect fit into the truck. Just had to add a small extension on the back. The seats are flawless and they only tapped me for 30 bucks for the pair! I do love Pick a Part!

There is a blue console on eBay now, and I know where a gentleman has a tan one. I'm looking for one too, but it'll have to wait for a couple other projects to finish first. What color are you shooting for on the console.

By the way, I have a split back bench seat from the truck that is free.

·
Registered
99 Posts
robo51 said:
seats from a grande caravan bolt right in!!! nice ride too!!
What year caravan? I'm wanting some seats that I can throw in with minimal alterations, but also the ability to recline.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Go with your own console. The factory one has some design flaws, such as cup placers instead of cup holders.

·
Registered
729 Posts
mine has cup holders ! there sweet i i dont know if its a 91 and newer thing or just someone changed it along the line

·
Registered
736 Posts
Slampig said:
Go with your own console. The factory one has some design flaws, such as cup placers instead of cup holders.
LMAO!
You so right, no cup I ever use can fit in them thingys.

·
Registered
736 Posts
BTW, I will have a stock set outa a 79 for sale cheap next week if your interested?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts