Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What years were the low back bucket seats offered in the Ramcharger?
Did they have arm rests?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
29,798 Posts
Low back buckets were standard in the '70s pop top models, high back buckets were optional.  High back buckets were standard in the hardtop models but low back were no longer available.  I have never seen a low back bucket with armrests.

·
Administrator
62,284 Posts
They were also standard in vans from the 70's to ??. Yes, same seat, different base.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I picked up a set of low back parchment seats out of an early 70's motorhome for my 74. They have the funky colored cloth inserts, but they are getting recovered anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
FWIW: the 70s low backs suck and aren't worth the hunt. I had some nice original vinyl ones in my RC when I got it and didn't realize how much they sucked until I replaced them with some early 80s high backs w/ arm rests. They're pretty much the same as the optional 70s high backs with out the golf pants plaid.

·
Registered
649 Posts
SuperBurban said:
They were also standard in vans from the 70's to ??. Yes, same seat, different base.
This is also true with the highbacks.

For what it is worth, I have low back Ramcharger seats in my 76 D100 and love them. I don't like the highback seats in my 82 Ramcharger.

·
Registered
432 Posts
For the life of me I can't find anything useful left alive in my area. So I'm sniffing at these for my w150, as the corbeau bench seat bracket and the MOAB seat I got they said would fit are just too tight against the back window for a guy like me who's 6ft and lanky as a primate.

https://shop4seats.com/truck-seats/40-20-40-truck-seats/american-low-back.html

I PRAY these will fit better. Their bracket they emailed me appears to have compensated nicely for the center hump.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I am 6'4".  The low back buckets in my 76 D100 are the only reason I fit in a single cab truck.  shop4seats does look promising, but I suggest you opt for the 7 spring seat upgrade.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reed said:
I am 6'4". The low back buckets in my 76 D100 are the only reason I fit in a single cab truck. shop4seats does look promising, but I suggest you opt for the 7 spring seat upgrade.
Oh yes. That's kind of mandatory, if the extra wiring wasn't required, I'd rock the heated seats as well. But!
My primaries are the spring upgrade, and leather. If you spend that much to make your old truck modern comfortable, might as well be something that holds some value, looks nice, and stays nice. I'll keep y'all posted when I bite the bullet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
RWG75 said:
FWIW: the 70s low backs suck and aren't worth the hunt.
But they look way cooler. :) ;)

High backs in a topless RC look silly...IMO ;D

·
Registered
76 RamCharger
18 Posts
I did the same today for my 76.
I picked up a set of low back parchment seats out of an early 70's motorhome for my 74. They have the funky colored cloth inserts, but they are getting recovered anyway.
t

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.