1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Future Ram Jam locations need to have the following:
  • Place to offroad (trails)
  • Wide variety of trails, from easy to harcore
  • camping in or very close to the park (no pavement driving from camp to trails)
  • Water and Electrical hookups in the camping area
  • Bathrooms in the camping area as well as showers
  • At least 3 other events (would really like at least 5) aside from wheeling, like sand drags, mud drags, obstacle coarse (can include rock climb), etc.
  • Must allow us all to camp in one location (not spread out - anywhere up to 100 people or more)
  • Must allow non insured or registered vehicles to run the trails
  • Must allow us as many vehicles on a trail ride we want
  • No trail leader needed (their employee taking us on trail rides)
  • Must be reasonably priced for at least 4 days of camping (electrical hookups) and wheeling
  • Someone (dependable person) must be able to be there ahead of time and setup banners, spots, etc for the event
  • Must be a location that people will go. I am not talking 10 or 15 trucks, I don't want to drive 20 hours to wheel with 10 rigs. I want to wheel with a ton of members, not just a handfull.
If a locations does not meet every single requirement then we will not have it there. Final decisions on locations will be up to me and a selected few that I know will attend the event for sure, no matter where it is held

This list will probably be added to and changed a bit, but this is basically the ground rules on what we need for Ram Jam

·
5,681 Posts
Sounds damn good sam, the only way im going to miss ramjam is if my chevy blows up ;D

·
5,681 Posts
Outlaw said:
Hey how about Shiloh Ridge up there in Alto Sam? ;D I think it meets all the requirements. ;)
You know i think randall has something here LMFAO ;D

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Sam, out of the 3 RJ's so far, what was the best place?

·
Premium Member
8,085 Posts
I loved Alto & think after my truck mods are finished, I will go several times per year or whenever our chapter has a meet there.

That said, I think I would be more likely to visit the other ORV parks if the RCC group had an event or RJ there. I would rather wheel with 15-20 members at a cool park that I have not been to, than go by myself or wheel somewhere I already go to several times per year.

My vote for 05 is Superlift. Management there sounds like they will work w/us on pricing, events, rules, etc. With it's central location and proximity to the most active chapter, I think we would still have a great turnout & maybe even better than this year's.

Like many others have posted, though, I will go wherever it is... almost (I don't know if I would drive to Canada for RJ!).

Brad :)
ps
Anyone that lives south of the DFW area has the invite to crash at our place if they needed to break the trip up.

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the superlift park as well. So far RJ3 has been the best. RJ2 had better wheeling then RJ1, but RJ 3 had the same wheeling, just more variety, plus was setup for multiple events that we held, not to mention had better camping.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
If SuperLift can accomodate us, I'll go. We need more than just trails to ride on. I like the listing Sam made. But, I also think a grocery store and parts house within reason should be added. If no one can find someplace to fill the bill, Shiloh Ridge will. They will bend over for us. Just my .02 Does anyone know of an ORV park that meets the requirements set forth by Sam? I think he made a pretty through list. Electric/water/showers are a must. Afterall you'll hopefully bring your wives/girlfriends, and kids along for the fun too. I'd like to see it be held where we can not only have fun, but be somewhat comfortable as well. I'll have the motor home going by the next one. ;D

·
5,681 Posts
Toyradio said:
If SuperLift can accomodate us, I'll go. We need more than just trails to ride on. I like the listing Sam made. But, I also think a grocery store and parts house within reason should be added. If no one can find someplace to fill the bill, Shiloh Ridge will. They will bend over for us. Just my .02
I agree skip, superlift sounds great, but they don't have events to really do besides mud and trails. I still want to go up there mabe for a chapter meet down the road. i guess we need to find out more about events a superlift.

·
5,681 Posts
8. We do have a mud pit, but not a obstacle course

that was there response when i ask then if they had events like sand drag, barrel run, mud pit, log run, and obstacle course

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
ProjectM880 said:
if they had events like sand drag, barrel run, mud pit, log run, and obstacle course
How hard is it to build a log run, barrel run and an obstacle course?

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Once again...

Superlift is building an obstacle course to be finished in February.

They are expanding their campground, and if we let them know soon, I am sure they could reserve us a spot to camp together.

I agree with pheonix827, we could set up our own log crawl and barrel race.

Forrest

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Well, someone needs to take charge and get the ball rolling. Georga and Alabama chapter members it's in your court. Just so they can meet the requirements set forth in Sams post. I will be the first to tell you it's alot of work to pull this off. Sam and Jamie did so much more than most of us realize.

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
oh well, there goes having RamJam in Rio Rancho, no running water, or power, no bathrooms, and gas and food is 8 miles away.

You all are spoiled...{smoke}

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Toyradio said:
Well, someone needs to take charge and get the ball rolling. Georga and Alabama chapter members it's in your court. Just so they can meet the requirements set forth in Sams post. I will be the first to tell you it's alot of work to pull this off. Sam and Jamie did so much more than most of us realize.
I will be glad to help, but it is over 500 miles from Atlanta, and the last time I looked at a map, Texas was touching Arkansas :)

I see a bunch of members listed in AR, maybe we need to e-mail some of them and ask for a contact person.

Forrest (aka Santa Clause)

·
5,681 Posts
RCC_SaMiaM said:
I will be contacting the park pretty soon, no need for members to do anything yet. We need to get everything established first.
And after all those grooling hours writing those e-mail to the park :\'( and what for nothing, nothing nothing i say!!!!!! :\'( :\'(

I'm such a Ass ;D ;D ;D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts