Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What positions should we have? I know we need a Ram Jam promotion position. I nominate Twister, of coarse unless she doesn't want that. Jay, any ideas? Maybe Events coordinator? Or even broken down to specific event?

I would like whoever has these positions be the person who gets what they need done, done. Even if they have to recruit others, like the Events Coordinator. They would have to recruit people that know they will be there to run the stop watches, take the measurements, get the order or lineups, etc.

I will just sit back and watch you all do the work. Just kidding. I will help as much as I can.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I agree; not one person can possibly manage each section of responsibility on their own. The Coordinators will have to be organized and able to recruit, delegate, and follow through with the tasks accordingly.

Jay could give a much better perspective on what type of duty sections fall under the Events Coordinator role.

As far as the promotional items, I foresee the following types of duties:

1) Media, i.e. the magazines = The contacts should be made by Sam. However, others can be recruited to gather and provide the contact information to Sam.

2) Sponsorships = I will volunteer to coordinate this section, unless someone else has an overwhelming desire. This will entail creating/designing the sponsorship levels and incentives, compiling a letter of request, and solicitation. Before we begin soliciting, we need to decide what exactly it is that we want from the sponsors. Is it advertising for the event, is it money, is it goody bag stuffers, is it raffle items??? I will need an enormous amount of help in this area, but I am willing to coordinate it and keep the ball rolling. (I will provide the Sponsor Recognition banner and can produce an event program.)

We've all agreed there needs to be a preliminary charge to attend the event in order to get funds to Jay beforehand. What needs to be decided is exactly what the amount will be and how to go about this.

A registration fee of $x.xx will provide you with a Ram Jam 2003 t-shirt, dash plaque, goody bag, a wrist band designating you've registered and can run your truck through the pits, and a raffle ticket for a door prize drawing. Or something along those lines. This will enable us to be much more aware of and prepared for the number of attendees, as well as get cash up front for Jay. If someone registers and then realizes they cannot attend, well, then they still get the t-shirt and dash plaque, and thank you for the donation.

A registration form can be produced that will enable us to compile needed information. A liability waiver statement can be included at the bottom of the registration form that the member must sign. The entire form gets returned, along with payment, and that's how their registration gets confirmed and goody bag gets secured.

Here I go again with a flippin' novel! Sorry guys. :-\

·
Administrator
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, you got this down good. I like your ideas. Our goal is to shoot for $1500 for Ram Jam. This is about what it cost, total, for last years. Jay wanted to shoot for $1000, and leave the rest to donations at the event, but I would rather have $1500 so Jay doesn't even have to buy markers or paint to make Ram Jam signs. I don't want him spending a dime out of his own pocket for this event.

Someone mentioned getting sponosors to provide things like chainsaw blades, or something to that effect. This in turn could keep Ram Jam's cost down. Things like fuel, oil, weedeater string, etc are little things, but they do add in the cost of the event. Things like flashlights, batteries, paper, more little stuff will also be needed. I think Jay should charge labor too, but he is too kind to do that.

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Well there is 1 thing I am wanting ot have forthe event and that is sone SHADE !!!! Damn I had to go hide to get cool last time . SO what should we do for some cover ? I think borrowing a couple of GP Mediums from the local National Guard or maybe renting them from Offutt Air Force possibly for the weekend and I will return the m and set them up will take some help so a Tent Committee might be needed just for set up and tear down . That and will give all the members a cool place to hang out and BS . Also would be the central area for all other things at the event as well . So I figure 2 tents would do it .

bt83rc

bt83rc

·
Premium Member
9,018 Posts
Hey bt....just turn on the a/c in yer truck.....cool off that way.......

Seriously, it'd probably be cheaper to buy some big plastic tarps and put them up over a pole / 2x4 frame........

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Well man the tarp thing didn't work last tims so I am not gonna mess with tarps the wind here can get pretty wild and a tarp would be chiolds play at the last Ram Jam . Twister had 1 set up and took a good beating . I just want something we all can enjoy and will be sturdy from the wind . So I figure it will be worth the efort to set up a couple of those big bastards and make it nice for all .

bt83rc

·
Super Moderator
9,459 Posts
bt,... just as long as the sides can roll up... there's nuthin hotter than a GP Medium battened down in full sunshine... do they still have the kitchen style tent with one end high and air vent at the top ?

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Hmm...well I know the sides will roll up for sure . As to the high end /cook type of GP don't hthink i will be able to fine one of those . that and they are pretty damn water proof . Only thing is they take up some space whne you set them up so might be just 1 is all we need really . As to tables hmm...will get back to you on that 1 Sam should be ab;e to borrow some form a church or something up the street from me hopefully .

bt83rc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts