Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Founder
25,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be held on Friday, September 3 through Monday, September 6 (Labor Day Weekend) at Shiloh Ridge Offroad Park located in Alto, TX.

This will be a full fledged event with swap meet, Truck Rodeo, Show and Shine contest and prizes. The Truck Rodeo and Show and Shine contest winners will be awarded prizes/trophies/plaques (depending on what we decide to go with)

The following will be a list of events in the Truck Rodeo:

• Mud drags/bogs
  • Sand Drags
  • Log Crawl
  • Trail Run
  • Barrel Run
Here are some contests in the Show and Shine(more may be added later)

• Best Looking Truck
  • Ugliest Truck
  • Longest Haul (distance traveled to attend Ram Jam)
  • Shortest Haul
  • Best Trail Rig
We are taking preregistration for event attendance. Those that register in advance will get their entry ticket, 1 Ram Jam Tshirt, entry into raffle of sponsorship donations, and guaranteed spot in the Truck Rodeo and Show and Shine contest(we are limiting amount of vehilces competing). If you don't preregister but pay at the gate, you will not get a tshirt, entry into the raffle, guaranteed a spot in the Truck Rodeo or Show and Shine Contest.

Price of registration is $50 per offroading vehicle (people that will offroad, up to 2 adults are covered) which covers the entire span of the event (Sept 3-6, translates to $12.50 a day). This also includes camping if needed.

For non offroading attendees the price is $35 per vehicle (tow rigs don't count, they have already paid to wheel their wheeling rig, up to two adults are covered) which covers the span of the event (Sept 3-6, translates to $8.75 a day). This also includes camping if needed as well.

It is $5 per adult after the 2 that are already covered. Example, you are going to wheel and there is another 2 adults with you, it is $50 + $5 = $55 for camping and wheeling the entire span (4 days) of the event for 3 people.

Deadline to preregister for Ram Jam is July 14, 2004.

You can preregister at http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?action=ramjamregister

We are hoping most will preregister just for the fact that we have a head count on how many will attend, as well get an accurate number for Ram Jam T-shirts. So for no more then 12.50 a day you can attend the event, have a chance to win in the raffles and have a guaranteed spot to compete in the Truck Rodeo and Show and Shine Contest!

Even if you can't make the event for $50 or $35 you will still receive a Ram Jam 2004 T-shirt and have a chance to win in the raffles, so even if you don't plan on going to Ram Jam you can still preregister to help fund Ram Jam. Who knows, if you win a raffle item you already got your moneys worth!

We are obtaining sponsors for the 2004 Ram Jam in hopes of gaining prizes to be given out in drawings and contests. We have already obtained some sponsors even before things were finalized, so hopefully we can get lots of goodies to give away. You can look here to see who is currently officially sponsoring the event - http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?board=101;action=display;threadid=29732

Shiloh Ridge's website is http://www.shilohridge.com

Details about the park courtesy Toyradio (Skip):
Truck Rodeo:
The Truck Rodeo is for RCC's use. It will be up to us to let others in to watch and/or participate. I'll check on that. It is up to us to set up the course, and to clean up after. This is usually done on Saturday's.

Mud Pit. This is two pits side by side maybe 100 feet long. One side is more difficult than the other. Hence different classes on either side. Stock, modified, Outlaw...

Obstacle Course. This is really a trail type run with lots of turns, mud pits, and obstacles to get through and over Plenty of ups and downs as well..A timed event...Separate classes again Stock, modified and Outlaw.

Sand Drags. Is just that two vehicles line up and run for the line. Same classes as above.

Log Crawl. This is neat. Logs set in a course. You have to get through the course to win. Climbing over the logs in your way. A timed event as well with the same classes.

Shiloh Ridge has 1,000 acres at our disposal. There are so many trails you can't do them all in a week. Places where deep mud can be found , The bottoms mud pits ect all over. Three ponds another place with mud and water. Hills with rocks and more rocks. There is something there for everyone and every type of truck. Trails range from a 1 (easy) to 5+ ( 4x4 w/lockers and good gearing recommended). There is also a place for dirt bikes and ATV's.

Town: This is a small town so keep that in mind. It is a dry county so if you want adult drinks, bring them with you. There are three or four gas stations there. Only one can service you late and it's by credit card only. There are a couple convenience stores as well. One major food store. I know of only one restaurant, as well as a Dairy Queen. Could be more I'm not sure. Jacksonville and Rusk are close and have much more to offer. The parts house in Alto close at noon on Saturday and early during the week 5 I guess. Jacksonville has an Autozone and an O'Riellys. Rusk also has a couple parts places. Alto does have a Dodge dealership. I know there are some 4x4 shops in the surrounding area as well. Anything else...just ask....... ;D
This post will have ongoing changes made to it as more details emerge.

If you know of any company that would donate cash or prizes to the event, please direct them to http://ramchargercentral.com/advertising.shtml#event.

If you have any questions or need more info, contact Toyradio or me on the site, or you can call Shiloh Ridge directly at 1-800-432-3965.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Is it gonna be per person or per Truckload Sam?? Wasn't sure how it was working out.
Rodney

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
I know, useless dribble, but wow, $50, camping included, that seems like a steal.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
A lot of this is going to beup to RCC to police and control. As this is a very busy weekend event for them. As long as we are straight and professional in our dealings we will be fine.

·
Founder
25,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cooper30 said:
I know, useless dribble, but wow, $50, camping included, that seems like a steal.
Yeah, my first impression was man, that is 50 bucks to be able to play.

But then I thought about it, split up by 4 days it isn't bad, shoot even by 2 days just to wheel and camp out, plus you get a Ram Jam Shirt and entry into the raffles.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Yea, it seems real cheap to me. I am planning on camping and I expected to pay more than that.

G

·
RCC_SaMiaM said:
EvilDave said:
So where do we Pre-Register at
Dave
oops, I fogot to do that :) Let me whip something up, I am going to set it up so you can also order extra shirts if wanted.
LoL Yeah before you the whole sight asking about it. Your the Man Sam
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
any shirt Ideas yet? what are they going to look like?

Scott

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
is friday like a setup day, sat and sun wheeling days, and monday teardown/leave day, or are there events etc planned for all 4 days?

Duane

·
Founder
25,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there will be stuff all 4 days, but mostly concentrated on Sat and Sun. Friday will be mostly meet and greet, then Friday night will be the start of some of the events. The area we are doing most of the stuff has lights, I believe the mud drag and sand drag pits are lighted. If at all possible try to make the Friday, Sat and Sunday stuff. Monday will be more of a cool down type thing where most will be packing up and leaving that day.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
I'll be there on Thursday. Hopefully so will some others to make sure the place is ready for all the members. There will be alot to do setting up, signs and banners. Volunteers anyone?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.