Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a '95 1500 4x4. The 360 has been giving him pronblems. It started and ran but had no acceleration. Tested a few things and replaced the MAP sensor. Now it seems to run fine and accelerate decent but when you slow down or come to a complete stop it dies. The idle goes almost to 0. Normal or at least when he got it used it has been idling at 800rpms and we replaced the crankshaft positioning sensor cause it needed that and the wires, plugs, cap and rotor were replaced along with the egr valve. I was thinking the O2 sensors needed to be replaced but before we spend any more money I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Could be the IAC motor on the back of the throttle body. They tend to go bad and cause funky idles.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
make sure it is downshifting properly. if you are coming to a stop, from what speed are you doing it at that it dies. If you're over 20-25 and slowing to a stop, make sure you feel/see the proper number of downshifts so that you're back in first. Thats one of the crazier possibilities, but still a possibility.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
bad throttle position sensor mabey
but that's just a guess that will cause more money to be spent.
Get a manual, Chiltons or Haynes at least, and read up on testing and troubleshooting the various sensors. May help you rule out some possibilities before spending too much on unnessary parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.