Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fighting brake problems with the dually. The pedal went to the floor last Friday. I checked the fluid and the front reservoir was low and the master cylinder was leaking. I replaced the master cylinder and turned the rotors since the truck has had a vibration when braking. It has brakes now but the vibration is just as bad. I noticed that the vibration was gone when the pedal was going to the floor. Could it be that the front reservoir is for the rear brakes and the vibration was gone since there were no rear brakes? I'm thinking that the rear brake drums need turning too.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
well Id track the lines from the master cylinder back and see if that reservoir's line leads to the rear brakes if it did i'd suspect that you are right about the Vibration coming from the rear. Then I'd get the drums off. if that line that was empty didn't go back there then Id be checking the rear wheel cylinders for hanging up of the oistons.
Rodney

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
well Id track the lines from the master cylinder back and see if that reservoir's line leads to the rear brakes if it did i'd suspect that you are right about the Vibration coming from the rear. Then I'd get the drums off. if that line that was empty didn't go back there then Id be checking the rear wheel cylinders for hanging up of the oistons.
Rodney

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.