Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Stats: '77 RC 4x4 with a 400CI BB. I think it's got a 383 4bbl intake on top. I converted to 5 on 5.5 inch bolt pattern. I just put that holley 4160 on last weekend, I think my old 4011 had a leak around the throttle shafts, so I said screw it, and shelled out the dollars. I plan to lift it, put meats on it, and attack the rust next year, as well as work on the interior.

That was my 1st RC, it was a really reliable, allbeit rusty truck. Had it 6 years and was a blast, and the reason I bought the '77.

Both Ramchargers have less than 90k on the odometers.

·
Registered
725 Posts
the 77 looks great, the 83 needs work and the neighbors Jeep is nice too.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Sweet project!  I like the jeep, but I will take a RC over a jeep any day.  Also, maybe I'm just lazy and don't want to search, but what kind of wheels, lift, ect. ?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
nice meats! how much was the tires and rims?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lift: rouch country all spring 4" lift. skyjacker brake lines, 4" drop pitman arm, and 2" sway bar drop.Â

tires: bfg at's 80% h2 take offs, 315/75/r17 $100 all four.

wheels: mb motoring predator 17x10 5x5.5" polt pattern  $147 ea (at the time)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
those wheels and tires look sweet on your ramcharger. do you know what backspacing the wheels have? also do they have open center caps available for the front wheels? i have the same lift on my 92 except i'm only running 33's. do you have rubbing with the 35's? your truck is looking really good. keep up the nice work.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i just relized that the wheels are painted instead of aluminum. they really full you. i really like them. what else do you have planned for your truck?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
body work (some rust to fix up) interior, I need seats, thinking about carpet, plus stereo system.  headers and 2.5inch exhaust, dunno what kind of mulflers to get yet (currently has dual glass packs that exit down just before the axel)  paint.  might go to 4:10 gears (3:55 currently)    might try to find a 440 to build up.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
it's looking really good. that truck would look really good painted in the same colors with a set of the factory smaller mirrors on it. that's just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm looking around for the smaller mirrors, but the ones I come across are always broken. I might start looking for aftermarket ones.

I haven't decied on color sceme yet, I am not a fan of the green, tho.  I probobly won't get around to working on the rust until next spring.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
lookin awesome man!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.