Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1990 ramcharger
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to add a touch screen where the heater control is and relocate the control to where the current radio is...anyone on here do this yet?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
A 3D printer would make quick work of an adapter for each location if necessaray

Reactions: 90rammerpb

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Take lots of measurements. Know the exact measurements of the new unit your putting in before you purchase it. And what space is needed for the heater controls. Along with routing of the backside of those controls. Your going to need to fab up some sort of mounts for both the new touch screen and heater control unit.
Thinking and time involved to pull it off right.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Take lots of measurements. Know the exact measurements of the new unit your putting in before you purchase it. And what space is needed for the heater controls. Along with routing of the backside of those controls. Your going to need to fab up some sort of mounts for both the new touch screen and heater control unit.
Thinking and time involved to pull it off right.
Agreed. 95% of this job is going to be planning, thinking, engineering, and lots of analysis to see if it will work properly.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I doubt anybody here has pulled this off before. You'll most likely be the first ground breaker!
Most guys here are happy if their radio works. ;D
I would consider doing this... but not for a while. Since I've changed out my radio recently for the 10th time already. ;)

·
Registered
29,343 Posts
the BIG thing is gonna be the CABLES and IF theres enuf flex to move them , you could do a complete redesign and use store bought "choke" push-pull cables and move the heater controls Anywhere you want then

Reactions: 90rammerpb
1 - 8 of 8 Posts