Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original chrysler radio misses fading joystick. Anyone got broken radio for parts?

·
Registered
28,349 Posts
the joy stick is there it's the KNOB that is missing , you can stick anything on there if it looks good

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already found something from another radio that looks good, buu just checked the radio and I need to replace the whole knob/joystick because left fading does not work

·
Registered
28,349 Posts
its NOT replaceable , the radio is JUNK then

because the joy stick is soldered to a computer board , you would hafta replace the whole face plate [ all the knobs and controls ] and thats if it aint "hard wired" to the chassis

·
Registered
28,349 Posts
get yer self a new radio from a 1997 - 2001 dodge truck or car

radio interchange is 1977 to 2001 dodge car truck or van

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually got two radios, one above that misses the knob and the second one installed by the previous owner with cassette and cd (both need fixing) from newer dodge model.

I'm installing Bluetooth adapter so I don't care much about cd, just want the radio to work and be original to keep the vintage look. Most of the time I'm listening to Spotify.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I found a new faceplate on eBay for the factory radio in my 90 RC. It was the kind with the joystick. You can replace the face of it.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Radios from Chrysler Corp look the same but have different mounting points.
Fits Ram and RC

Face plate looks exactly the same but won't fit RC.

·
Registered
28,349 Posts
Radios from Chrysler Corp look the same but have different mounting points.
Fits Ram and RC
View attachment 617738

Face plate looks exactly the same but won't fit RC.
View attachment 617739
they FIT just fine with very little work as there is plenty of dash to work with , and YES there ALL plug an play with the black and grey plugs from 1977 to 2001 // even the newer ones 2002 to 2007 fit and work with a wiring adapter they make

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DB is right... There's so much space that you can fit any aftermarket radio but if you're looking for plug and play radio go with the one I posted above.

There are hundreds of them available online, you can even get ones with bluetooth added.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's some interesting reading on Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep radios if anyone is interested

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Close the thread please!

I decided to change strategy and bought a late model Chrysler radio. Looks brand new and I got it for only 20$ :)

The best thing is that I finally have European radio frequencies ...

Thanks for all your advice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts