Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..I just came across this board. After years off holding on to a lemon RC [love is blind], my wipers have failed, motor is fine..the little plastic 'bushing' [pn 3799089] that connects the motor shaft to the wiper link asssembly is shot. Part was easy to find, but I have had no success in removing the dang wiper arms. The service manual shows a tool. Can't find tool. I'm open to any suggestions Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
spray some WD-40 up under the arms where they attach they come off you gotta use a good set of vice grips and yank them off or wiggle them some and they will come off man they are hardd to get off but they will come off man with some patience they will pull straight off

bt83rc

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I use a piece of wood like a 2X4 and a large screwdriver or a prybar. Put the wood over the glass to protect it and add to the leverage. Then put the screwdriver or prybar under the wiper arm and pop it off.

·
Registered
381 Posts
the Lisle company from Clarinda, Iowa makes a tool that grips the wiper arm at the base and pulls it off. #65750
got mine in a flea market for $5, expensive but saves scratching the cowl vent ribs. the problem is the spring metal locking tab below the hinge.
you can work it off with a large screwdriver, cloth to stop scratching, and some blocks of wood. do the driver side first, it's easiest and you'll get an idea how it works. the right side is in the middle of the hood and a pain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have taken mine off a coupla times and never had a problem. If you've been holding on to it for a while, it is possible it could have rusted, and wd-40 may be in order. Once that has set in, take a flat head screwdriver and lift the little retaining clip. It has a little lip that is on the sid of the wiper arm. Once that is lifted, wiggle the arm back and forth, and pull out on it at the same time. Shouldn't be that hard.....

Randall

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really appreciate the 411..BTW this is a great site. Maybe I can put my RC back in fighting trim yet. Still have a pass. side power window issue and the a/c has never worked well from the factory. Dealer was of no help back in '82. Still isn't. Now with a new evap core, comp. and 134 changeover a whole new set of problems to deal with. She still runs great and has the factory paint and original [non leaking] exhaust..always hand washed and waxed. But , she is a second vehicle now & safe in the garage. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts