Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking through the group, noticed there's not a whole lot of traffic.  Hoping maybe a little primer will get things going.  When was the last time the group had a get-together, even if not a 4WD trip?  I was in a jeep club for years, we used to get together during the off season for fun, sometimes for lunch, dinner, or hanging out for an afternoon.  Nothing like seeing a whole bunch of trucks all lined up together.

Hampton Roads peeps, there's a place called Hot Rodders in Chesapeake that's used to classic car clubs doing gatherings in their parking lot, and their food is pretty good.  Anybody up for a gathering?  Suggestions?

I know, I'm the new guy, but hey...

·
5,143 Posts
Last time we got together was probably back in 08 or so.  We were extremely active during my college years, but everything has died off since then.

I am trying to get my trailduster back in trail worthy form, but life keeps getting in the way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm new too. It would be cool to meet up with people with similar interests and/or vehicles.

Unfortunately, I'm 258 miles (4 hrs / 21 min, est.) away from Chesapeake. Tough for one night drive for dinner.

Question: Though expecting them to be much smaller, is there more local groups I can get with? I'm south & west of Raleigh.

Any info would be cool...and appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, that's a bit of a hike for a dinner, especially at 9 mpg LOL!

Actually my sister and her family live in Apex. 

What have you got going with your truck?  My 87 RC is coming up on a LOT of work underneath.  Flat, original springs, etc.  Old, saggy suspension, it's just what happens.  A lot of slop in the steering I haven't been able to get out, but most importantly I need to replace the gas tank and sending unit.  I've been able to find a nice metal replacement for the old plastic tank, but the sending unit is turning out the be a difficult to find part.  Headed out to a shop this afternoon to take a look at it.  My wife thinks I'm getting the steering and tank looked at.  I'm looking at a total suspension lift (moderate, maybe 4" - 6") for the simple purpose of replacing EVERYTHING. 

Shhhh....  ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey, McMike.

Got two projects going on this summer. It's when I drive it the least because I refuse to put the top on...

1) NC 'air conditioning' - A bimini or half top. Fingers crossed that will make much easier to cruise around more comfortably this time of year.

And 2) I'm making my third attempt at a gas float and sending unit. I know your pain & frustration. NAPA, nope. LMC, completely useless. So I'll let you know how that goes. However, 'while it's in the shop,' I found a really nice LA 360 to drop in. Sittin' right at 400 HP. (God bless North Carolina. There are so many old school Mopar / NASCAR guys around here.) I'll park the stock block on a stand and let her rest.

Also, my steering has more play than I'd like so I'll need address that too.

So, in the big picture of things...you have to hope your wife doesn't notice the height difference. I have to hope my wife won't hear any difference. Good luck to us both! That calls for a double Shhhh... :-X   

·
5,143 Posts
Glad to see some activity in the group. 

I have been off and on getting my 79 Trailduster back ready for the trail. 

Hopefully I will be ready for a Uwharrie run sometime in the spring of 21.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
COVID has really screwed everything up.  '21 sounds good, hoping we can shake this thing before summer...  Maybe not a trail run (I'm still working on suspension/steering issues), but perhaps a weekend cruise down the Blue Ridge Parkway? 

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.