Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Im gettin ready to install my Trans-go shift kit in my 84 R/C this weekend. Since I read all the discussions about type F fluid, I decided thats what ill put into it after Im done. My question is, is there any different types of type F or is it all the same??
Thanx for all your help...
C.J.

·
29,465 Posts
Brew said:
This doesn't really answer your question, but maybe it will help...

Has anyone used Mobile1 ATF synthetic? It says it is a Dexron III product, so should be fine in our transmissions. It's not cheap, about $5 a quart at my local Autozone. But would it be worth the expense?

Glenn
Brew,
I've used Mobile 1 ATF with no problems, I didn't notice any changes in way the trans shifts, but I figured its gotta be better because of all the superiorities of synthetic.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the info guys,
I figured type F was type F, I didnt think it was like mercron where mercron 2 is for this year to this year and mercron 3 is for later years, etc.
All is going pretty well in the shift kit install, Should have it just about done by the end of the day. Maybe Ill write up the how-to. If I had a camera Id take some pics and post them.
One other quick question. I just rebuilt my transmission under 10000 miles ago, and when i dropped the pan today I noticed some metalic lookin junk on the bottom of the pan. Is it normal to have some debris in the bottom of the pan?? i dont want to do a rebuild again.....

C.J.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well everyone, all is well with my R/C again. I got the shift kit installed this morning, and I even added an external cooler in front of the radiator. I test drove it around town a little bit today, and WOW. It made an incredible difference in the way it feels. It now feels like its going to take off and shift with a purpose instead of trying to trip over itself..
Thanx everyone on here for all of your help and advice....

C.J.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I put Amsoil in my 85 747 about 5 years ago (I din't put many miles on my RC).
I suggest you check with Amsoil - the company and not a retail dealer - first and make sure they didn't change the formula.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts