Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a stock 2 barrel catrer on my 84 318 and my friend is going to give me a holly 4 berral its 560cfm and i wanted to know if i will need adapters becouse it came of his mustang and were can i find one also i want to know what your thoughts are on the edelbroc porformer manifold i heard it works great with hollys or should i go with an manifold from another dodge lets say from the junk jard?

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
the throttle linkage hook up will be different. Holley sells an adapter for Mopar applications. ......... as for the intake the performer is a very good choice id run one before i ran a stock one. ......... not that you will realy be able to tell a difference on an otherwise stock engine but it is lighter and will disapate heat a lil better. if cost is more of an issue than looks then go with the OEM one. ........ if you get one off a '73 or newer Dodge or plymouth then you will have to have an adapter/space for the square bore carb to work on a spread bore intake. this is no problem there cheep and with the additional plenem volume it will make a tad more torque. once again you prob wont be able to tell on a stock engine. David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts