Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, on a pre-94 truck, is a dually bed just the same as a regular long bed, but with fender flares?
Like are the inner fenders the same depth and all? Wondering if I can use a regular bed on a dually and then add on flares, maybe from a newer truck.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I believe they're the same bed, but the dually has got the flares on it. I'm not 100% however.
Wadda ya got in mind?
-Steve C.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm, ic. I'm looking at a dually truck that has a crapy flatbed, just wondering how hard it'll be to find a new bed for it. Also thinking 80's chevy or ford fender flares would look better then the stock dodge ones, because those dodge ones just kinda look like an afterthought.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The dually and regular beds are identical except the dually bed gets chopped up in the middle of the wheel well to allow for the flares. The flares are just bolted on to the bed. I am sure you will be able to modify a reg. bed to fit the dually flares.
Seems to me there has been several dually take offs beds on ebay for cheap lately, maybe that would be an option.
Mark K

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I might buy a dually bed if I find one cheap and all, but maybe I could find a regular bed in the right color, then make some ford or chevy fenders fit, since I like them bettter anyways. Thing about the old dodge flares don't make the truck look as big and wide like the chevy and ferd or new dodge ones would. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
yes the beds are the same the only thing is the fende wells have been cut out to make room for the fiberglass fenders (flares) and yes you can do the chevy fenders because i have done them on another guys truck just takes some body work to get them to look "good" (right i cant say my truck still has the stock bed i think it looks better)

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Why would you want wider flares ? ? ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.