Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the road to restoring my baby to her natural beauty and I went to pull the dash and noticed the only thing holding the dash bezel in were the clips. Does anyone know what type, size screws were used to fasten the bezel to the dash? With it being 30 year old plastic I'd rather not go the trial and error route and splinter or crack something.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I use drywall screws.
Their black and come in lots of different lengths.
By going a little longer... you can grab more of the plastic if they're stripped out.
If their totally stripped out- fill them with a little JB Weld. Then drill out the epoxy with a bit a little smaller than the screw.
Now you'll have some more meat to grab on to.
Of course I'm talking about my '74.
I'm not sure this will work on your year of Ramcharger.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
There are two basic common screws used in the interior.  Find one off somewhere else that fits and match it up at the "help" section of your auto parts store.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Looks to be about a #6 with a #2 Phillips drive. Depending on where they are, some are only about 1/2 long, others are about 5/8" long. Pretty much like these:

https://www.mcmaster.com/#tapping-screws/=1dp7um8

The same style screws should hold other things to the dash like the ash tray, hood release, etc., though the lengths will vary.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Elwenil said:
Looks to be about a #6 with a #2 Phillips drive. Depending on where they are, some are only about 1/2 long, others are about 5/8" long. Pretty much like these:

The same style screws should hold other things to the dash like the ash tray, hood release, etc., though the lengths will vary.
All the ones in my era are countersinks.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Yeah, the '70s ear trucks used oval head phillips screws in both chrome and black zinc.  I've also found a few pan head in various places in those years.  I was going by the '89 model in his sig.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Elwenil said:

Thank you for the help sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar

Let me follow this up with another question... Where is the glove box light located? I'm guessing mine is burned out because it has never worked it probably was an option my truck didn't come with ha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.