Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how many know this, but im doing a frame off restoration of my '74 Club Cab for maximum off road and street driveability. I ahve run across lots of questions and RCC has come through great, but hears is my poser.

I see some products that are home made or tech questiosn i just dont understand. mostly dealing with physical dimensions, movement, and duribility. Some of these items (the one that sparked this thread was mopar mudders rear traction bar setup.) Their is just so much out there to learn for someone tha has just bought a 4x4 just months ago. A lot of the time I just dotn know what to ask!

If i wrote up the articles, pics, and hosted it what do you think of a "How-To" on all the different options for settign up a truck? Ill right all the pros and cons for all the different setups whether i use them or not, but i would need your help as a kinda panel of knowledge.

I see all the different options discussed here, but their not organized perse. If you know what you are looking for, its easy, but if you are looking to rebuild an axle, as i am now, how would you know the options internally with regards to gearing, lockers, shaft lengths due to lifts, support mounts, flips, shock mount movements, swaybar, and traction options to consider. not to mention the best order to attack all of this. Whick one is better to do now, and in what order.

I know im just speaking like a dumb newbie and im probably asking a dumb question, but RCC does have new members here all the time that are new ro Power Wagons and Ram Chargers. I just thought a little section by itsself for basic things and theories might be nice. I sure know i feel lost sometimes on what to do or what to ask.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THnx Sam. Like i said, sometimes i feel so dumb reading all aboutthe tecks yall spew out. id like to know more about our trucks.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Ya know if you do this us guys won't have any posts left to answer ::)

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, but im sure RCC will continue on! besides, i do things odd, so it will create twice the traffic in questions and "youre a dumbass!" posts!!!

WOO HOO!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts