Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, How can u tell the difference between the power ram and power wagon? To me they look the exact same. ne help would be nice

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
the power wagon name was dropped in 80 when dodge did the body restyling. ill try to dig up some good examples of each for u.

Duane

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
ok, here is a pic of a 90 power ram. it has square headlights and dodges now trademark cross hair grill. not all power rams have the cross hair grill though.

Duane

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oic thats makes sense now!
I got another question though, How are they different form the other rams?

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
the only diff between a power ram and a ram is the front axle and a tcase. now on with the pics, for those that dont know. here is a 78 power wagon grill shot. notice the round lights and the vertical trun signals. there are other variations, including a quad light setup.

Duane

Attachments

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
here is a pic of the rear of a 90 power ram. notice the tail lights, that was the biggest change in 81 for the rear.

Duane

Attachments

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
and here is a pretty good pic of a bed of a 76. notice the "tear drop" lights. also, if u look u can see the body line differences between the 78 and the 90, although its kinda hard to see the lines on the 90.

Duane

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
o i c. ya i noticed them when i went to hop in my truck and the snow was on the out side of the bed and noticed it had like a slight bend to it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.