Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 RC with a crunched in driver's side door. It has power windows & locks.
I'm just wondering if I can use a door from an '84 with manual windows/locks, gut it & use all the '88 parts (window motor etc)?
I'm mainly concerned about putting the window motor in the 84 door whether or not the 84 door has holes stamped for it?

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
i believe PG just tried something similar. there is also a how to about changing window motors, check that out.

Duane

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
It will work, not sure if all the holes will line up or not, but if you have a drill or a rivet gun it shouldn't be a problem.

G

·
It's a real pain to do, but, yes, it should all line up. They used rivets to hold the regulator and motor in the doors so you will have to drill those out. You can usually line up one or two holes in the other door but you need to drill a couple more to get it to line up just right. Make sure the regulator is working freely. They will get rusted and cruddy and they can strip the plastic gear in the motor if it has to work too hard to drive the regulator. Also, when working inside the doors, run a strip of duct tape around those sharp edges so they don't slice your arms to shreds. They can be sharp as hell.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stripped the original door out, now in the process of transferring the guts. You're right, it is a pain. Had to use the holesaw twice & managed to get 3 of the 4 regulator bolts on. It's going together, slowly.
thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts