Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey RCC!

I removed the quarter Window, now I'm wondering how to remove the bottom channel that it sits in? See pics below.

I have the door panel off and when I shine a light inside, I can see there is a post that the channel pivots on. It has a pin through it and it pivots inside of a "C" shaped clip.

I'm hoping someone will tell me that I don't have to remove the entire triangle shaped frame from the door to get this out.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20210713_224830685.jpg

IMG_20210713_225058479.jpg

·
Registered
917 Posts
These are off one of my 74's

74 Wing1.jpg
74 wing2.jpg

Reactions: jonn6464

·
Registered
249 Posts
Keep us updated if you do, I’d really like to know. I haven’t tinkered with it yet myself but it’s something I need to also do

·
Super Moderator
29,508 Posts
Pull the glass, then pull the vent frame and front track together, take out the vent glass. Reverse to assemble.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so I had some success with this.

These steps are after the vent glass has been removed from the lower pivoting channel.

1- From the top corner door panel mounting hole, measure 1-11/16" back (center of hole to center of hole), and drill a hole large enough to insert your Phillips screw driver. I picked a spot about 3/8" below where the door panel meets the door.
IMG_20210714_182228546.jpg

IMG_20210714_182248592.jpg

2- I was able to pull the window glass over a bit and inserted magnet stick to catch the screw and retainer.
IMG_20210714_182325651.jpg

3- Shine a light upwards, inside the door panel to see better. Slowly unscrew the screw, before it's fully out make sure your magnet stick has a good hold on the screw and retainer. Pull out the screw driver and slowly pull the magnet stick back up through the door.
IMG_20210714_182334804.jpg

4- At this point, the channel is free to pull up through the vent frame. You'll need to wiggle it a bit to let the pin in the pivot post pass through the vent frame.
IMG_20210714_182351104.jpg

It was not difficult, but I am expecting some troubles putting it back in.

Hope this helps some other members!

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good job. Now where did I put all of my bent and broken magnets at?

·
Super Moderator
29,508 Posts
That seems like a stupid amount of trouble compared to just pulling the glass.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That seems like a stupid amount of trouble compared to just pulling the glass.
You may be right.

But you know what's it's waaaaaay better than?
Possibly scratching the glass pulling it out or putting it back in, accidentally breaking the glass while it's out, losing the hardware while it's out, and even if none of that happens you still gotta set the glass and deal with the alignment when you put it back in.

So, 5 mins work for a simple solution seems okay to me.

·
Super Moderator
1,332 Posts
That's the hole I kinda remember making. Absolutely don't recall having to pull the screw / clip because no nightmares of trying to get it back in. Next time, try just backing it out. As for messing with the glass alignment, don't think there's actually much to adjust in these doors. I avoided too but my other stuff is hard tops with frameless doors and there's about 10 adjustment points on them.

·
Registered
28,618 Posts
yup all you hadta do is loosen the screw

BUT it's so easy to remove the "wing" assembly , roll window all the way down , remove 3 top door edge screws , 1 lower track bolt, push top backwards and lift out , thats ALOT easier than what you did

Reactions: Lzed

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yup all you hadta do is loosen the screw

BUT it's so easy to remove the "wing" assembly , roll window all the way down , remove 3 top door edge screws , 1 lower track bolt, push top backwards and lift out , thats ALOT easier than what you did
I'll try that on the passenger side and see how it goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts