Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions please? Which is the better choice for my rig The stock Quadrajet ( Edelbrock Quadrajet) or the Edelbrock 1406 600cfm. I run the Edelbrock 1406 presently.Good performing carb. but runs a little rich out of the box.I have a chance to purchase a remanufactured quadrajet for mopar from a friend of mine. I will spend the money if it is the better way to go. I do not want to spend the money if it will not be as good, although I am getting it for a steel if I want it.

1987 Power Ram W150 4x4 318, 4bbl 1406 600cfm carb, Edel. Intake, 302 Swirlports, 3 angle valve job, Port/Polish, MP Camshaft Kit: .430/.450lift - 260/268dur, Dynomax Headers, Dual exhaust, H-pipe, Flowmaster 40's, Davis Tri-Power Distributor Kit, 4.10 gears, 32's, Auborn Heavy duty-both axles

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stay with the Edelbrock. At 100% volumetric efficiency (which you aren't capable of, you might be hitting 90-95%) your 318 only needs about 550 CFM at 6000 RPM. The 1406 is plenty big. Pick up the calibration kit for your carb and the rich condition can be fixed very easily. If this is a carb used off road you should also install the spring loaded needle and seats. Edelbrock offers very good tuning info in their booklet that comes with the carb. If you don't have the book it is available online at their website.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts