Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of dealing with my Q-jet. It's just not working right. So I'm thinking that when I get payed this week I'll buy a reman'd Edelbrock. I'm looking at a Edelbrock 600cfm Performer Series Carburetor, electric choke

Question...
1. What would I need to get one of these bad boys onto my 360 stock 4 barrel manifold? I want to calculate cost to a T, so I don't end up ordering something and then having to wait another two weeks to use it, ya know? I have a new cap, rotor, plugs, and wires that I was going to put on this weekend, but I figured I might as well just deal with the rough running and not foul those up before a new carb.

I'm mostly concerned about what I'd need to get it on there and running, brackets, adapters, whatever. Thanks.

derek

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've just read the thread about cfm, and decided that, since it is a daily driver and just a tired 360, the 600 it is. But the other question still applies. Thanks,
derek

·
Registered
780 Posts
Edelbrock recomends a 4 hole Q-jet to squarebore spacer, but you can use an open spacer, which should give better top end power....I bought my 4 hole spacer from Autozone for like 20 bucks. Also get the edelbrock to chrysler throttle adapter. It makes it tons easier to attach the throttle cables. Also, dont forget to readjust your throttle cable and kickdown lever after you install the new carb. Depending on if your Q-jet is stock, you may need a piece of rubber fuel line to go from the hard line to the Ebrock.
I think that should be about everything...
C.J.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone have part numbers/manufacturers for those mentioned parts?

derek

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and I broke my original fuel line, so I tried to bend a new one and got crappy flow, so it's already rubber hose, and I could switch to whichever size is needed. What would be the proper process for adjusting the throttle cable and kickdown lever? I have a good tranny shop that does all my work, and I'm sure they would probably adjust the kickdown and shift points as necessary, but what about the throttle cable?

derek

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a bump from eight pages back, finally have the money to go through with this and do the intake manifold gasket all at once, and was wondering about the last questions...?

derek

·
Registered
978 Posts
BurnOut said:
I'm tired of dealing with my Q-jet. It's just not working right. So I'm thinking that when I get payed this week I'll buy a reman'd Edelbrock. I'm looking at a Edelbrock 600cfm Performer Series Carburetor, electric choke

Question...
1. What would I need to get one of these bad boys onto my 360 stock 4 barrel manifold? I want to calculate cost to a T, so I don't end up ordering something and then having to wait another two weeks to use it, ya know? I have a new cap, rotor, plugs, and wires that I was going to put on this weekend, but I figured I might as well just deal with the rough running and not foul those up before a new carb.

I'm mostly concerned about what I'd need to get it on there and running, brackets, adapters, whatever. Thanks.

derek
What symtoms are you having with your Q-jet? What have you done with it? Is it an original Q-jet for a Mopar?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have the Edelbrock to Chrysler throttle adapter. I bought it when I got my Carter carb but didn't need it. If you want it I'll let you have it for $10.00 shipped. Shoot me an email or IM if you want it.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
I bought a reman edelbrock 600 cfm and the float adjustment was way off. Might double check that before installing if you use the Reman. Thats the only problem i've had with it in a year so far. I would defintely get the Chrysler throttle adaptor. Run as much metal fuel line as you can. I read years ago on Holley's website that long lengths of rubber cause a pressure drop due to friction of liquid against rubber.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd call up Holley and tell them to take a lesson in physics.

Beast, you got mail (or message).

derek

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
derek if that deal on the linkage adapter doesnt pan out let me know, i have a spare setting around you could have

eric

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Derek, did you get my reply?

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I did, sorry. Tomorrow I'll have some free time... sorry again,

derek

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
No problemo. Just though I'd check to be sure. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts