Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run an edelbrock performer with off-road needle and seats, slightly lowered float bowl but still it does not run well at low rpms on rough hill climbs or rocks. While at the junkyard getting a spare rear axle shaft ( locker going in soon and thought I'd be prepared ) I spied a 74 caddy 500 cid engine and an odometer that read 78 k and the condition of the car looked like only 78k. Anyways I pulled the Quadrajet hoping this my be a good replacement for my edelbrock. The carb seems in great shape and I may just bolt it on and see what happens. I have no experience with these carbs, any suggestions or advice?

·
Registered
29,666 Posts
there very good carbs and very tunable if you know how / but there not that hard to figure out

·
Registered
647 Posts
The Q jet is great. I have one on my R/C and just love it. You have a manual tranny right? Yea it should work fine.
What part of L.A. are you at?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys. I think I'll get a rebuild kit and go through it first. Yes, its a 4 speed.
Humungus, I live in the San Fernando Valley. Me and some buddys do some local wheeling at times, maybe you can join us.
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts