Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of putting four headlights on my RC. I would like to know what years they produced the quad setup. Does anyone know if the trim piece for the four headlights will fit in the dual light screw holes? If not, I am up for some more modification. I know I am going to have to cut additional holes behind the headlights and possibly the turn signal light. I also have placed the current setup on relays. I tried to put the system on three relays, but I blew up a couple of lights doing so. So, I went back to the two relays.

When/if I change them over I am planning on putting high beam bulbs in all four places. Do the light bulb makers make just high beam lights?

Are the lights in a different position than the two lights? I plan on putting a push bar on and I still want the lights to shine through the opening on the push bar. Also, where can I find a chrome push bar for the '88 RC?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
79-80 for the factory quad headlight setup. I believe some of the 80 models had the same hood and fenders as the later 80's models and should bolt right up. I've seen some claimed to be 80 with the 80's or 70's hood and fenders (Mid year change?). Use the core support from the 80 and everything should go smooth.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
You can make a quad light grille work on an '80's truck, I did.
I did have to sawzall some of my '84 core support (for the lower light fitment), but nothing major.
I couldn't use the quad light valance either (metal between the grille/bumper), so I left the '84 valance in there.
Only problem I had was no place for front signals as the quad valance won't fit & that's where the signals are supposed to be. I would imagine you could get creative & simply find a place for front signals. I was going to put mine next to the lower headlight behind the grille.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.