Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a 5 1/2 in. lift on my 88 rc, I have a tough time pulling myself up. I have to use the steering wheel since there are no pull up handles. Does anyone know how to mount these on each side (driver and passenger) or who I would go to that could do it?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Don't use the steering wheel. If it's a tilt steering wheel it will accelerate the wear on the tilt knuckle and allow it to wobble sooner. If you take off the trim piece right there next to where the upper portion of the seat belt attaches you should be able to get back there to attach those handles. If I were you I would use some large fender washers on the backside if you can get to it so the screws don't just pull out of the sheet metal.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
There are several grab handles available thru auto parts stores and even big rig shops. I bought a pair of powder coated stainless steel grab handles from a marine salvage yard. They are long, reaching from below the door latch, up to the body seperation point on the "B" pillar, and have hidden bolts. I simply drilled holes in the "B" pillar and bolted them on. They work great and look pretty good.

Ed

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed, Help me out I'm a little slow but where is the B pllar?

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
geronimo said:
Ed, Help me out I'm a little slow but where is the B pllar?
The "B" pillar is the thick section of the body between the doors and quarter windows that supports the roof section.

Ed

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
10:4....Learn something new every day!!! Nice truck....

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
It don't look like that anymore, look at my website

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts