Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon closer inspection, my '83 318 W150 Prospector has a full width tranny cooler between the AC condenser and the radiator.

Looks factory to me. Can anyone confirm ?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
it dosent appear that my '79 360 Trail Duster 4x4 Prospector came with a stock tranny cooler, but its entirely possible that it did and the previous owners removed it, it wouldn't suprise me...those bastards.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Both of my '76 W100s have large factory tranny coolers...

JS

·
Registered
300 Posts
PrimerGrey said:
I just bought an 83 RC. It too has the tranny cooler as you describe. Not for long though.
My '77 W200 has one. Why would you remove a tranny cooler??

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
my 89 royal SE doesnt appear to have it, but i havent looked for a while. its a 2wd tho...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
M "ProstateInspector" (as the guy`s @ my job call it) has a GIANT factory cooler, it`s almost as big as the darn radiator itself.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The cooler, along with 10 gallons of gas (to get you off of their lot) was part of the package. had a few other niceties like the badge on the back fenders with the shovel and pick.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
What I always wondered was what the heck was the options.
A bearded dirty old man wanting a ride to his claim all the time?

G

·
I just swapped the tranny cooler from the 83 to the 85. It is a big sucker. About half the height of the stock radiator. Chrysler ran the tranny lines thru the cooler and then into the radiator cooler which doesn't make sense to me. Why cool it then heat it back up again?

·
Registered
782 Posts
My non prospector 86 Royal SE doesn't have it. Looks like someone put a three tube cooler, and a non cooling radiator on it some time ago. If I could find a Dodge in the junkyard without the front clip pulled off already, I'd try to find one of the big coolers.,,,,Cruisin

Why do all the Dodges get stripped so fast, they're usually an empty shell by the time I see them....:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts