Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am searching for a replacement proportioning valve for the 83 D150. Extensive google searches and these dont exist? A few places referred me to a GM part.

does anyone know where i can buy a new one?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
You might include late 70s thru mid 80s Mopar full size cars in your search criteria. In the below pic is the failed prop valve out of my 77 RC on the right. On the left is the NOS replacement out of a mid 70s full size Mopar sedan. While not absolutely identical, it bolted down, fittings snugged tight, and works like it should. I don't know the year that mopar went metric with the prop valves. Or, if they ever did. But, would want to make sure your fittings are compatible with the replacement prop valve.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
  Look for best price

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeffy45 said:
Google search 1.2 seconds. 1981-1993 Dodge D150 2WD Front Disc/ Rear Drums Proportioning Valve at Carolina Classic Trucks, Inc.
https://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/1984-Dodge-D150-prop-valve.html
I saw that too but if you read, "This Brass Disc/Drum Proportioning Valve has only one line for the front brakes." also says 84-93 so this i presume is the part fore ABS vehicles?

J10Mike said:
You might include late 70s thru mid 80s Mopar full size cars in your search criteria. In the below pic is the failed prop valve out of my 77 RC on the right. On the left is the NOS replacement out of a mid 70s full size Mopar sedan. While not absolutely identical, it bolted down, fittings snugged tight, and works like it should. I don't know the year that mopar went metric with the prop valves. Or, if they ever did. But, would want to make sure your fittings are compatible with the replacement prop valve.
Thanks, Was it a B body car or a C body

Jeffy45 said:
Look for best price
Best price is irrelevant at this point as i cant seem to find the appropriate part.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I don't recall that it specified B or C body. I believe the Ad read for mid 70s Mopar full size sedan. This was like 11 years ago. So, I'm a bit fuzzy about the actual description in the eBay ad.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
looks right , lines ? IDK , what I do is use one from a newer truck , make new lines . they mount by the master . '92-3 MAYBE newer too IDK

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Do you have a 2nd front brake line comming out of the proportioning valve on the 2wd?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Cant see there being any difference between 83 and 84 and or till you get back to drum front brakes

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dodge82273 said:
looks right , lines ? IDK , what I do is use one from a newer truck , make new lines . they mount by the master . '92-3 MAYBE newer too IDK
I would do this but i just put new lines in the truck. otherwise this would be perfect.
Jeffy45 said:
Do you have a 2nd front brake line comming out of the proportioning valve on the 2wd?
I do, yes. Disc/Drum exactly like the diagram i posted previous to this.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
🤔

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Make some phone calls. Im posting the picture from the Carolina one again to compare

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Same exact valve but a phone call will tell you all, sometimes whats written on the listing is wrong.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,798 Posts
I would just go aftermarket with an adjustable one.  You can get some that still have the switch to turn on the brake warning lamp if desired.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
                                I may be wrong but i think mostly all them brass valves are the same or similar,  some may have different internals, or some compay name , probably all made in china. I could  be wrong though🤔                                   
                            could you have tightened the fittings to much or possibly not enough, I've had brake line fittings leak where i thought it was already way to tight,but a little more umph and it stopped the leak. Mostly on these Chinese fittings.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeffy45 said:
I may be wrong but i think mostly all them brass valves are the same or similar, some may have different internals, or some compay name , probably all made in china. I could be wrong though🤔
could you have tightened the fittings to much or possibly not enough, I've had brake line fittings leak where i thought it was already way to tight,but a little more umph and it stopped the leak. Mostly on these Chinese fittings.
Yeah, probably chinese crap. after much evaluation i am probably going to send mine to Ram Man and have it rebuilt. but, i cant get anyone on the phone or a return call.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I was gonna tell you about ram man but $$$$$$$$. Have you again tried an online mopar dealer , if available? About $135 new

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.