which is better?

why?

for camping?

for home use?

just in case! for BBQ/Grilling/cooking

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Well you know I will only BBQ on coals. To me it tastes different if cooked on propane.

·
Premium Member
6,973 Posts
For home BBQ - charcoal only, the best I can get...

WJ - now you need to start a RCC home cooking board  ;D

Lol - edit 24 may '06 - since the above post, I broke down and got a gas grill - really lov it  ;D (but I still use the charcoal one also.)

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wont happen soon old manRam! however this is an outdoor topic.

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
I prefer charcoal better but if im just grilling for family dinner propane is much more conveinent

G

·
At home I use propane with some wet mesquite chips thrwon on top of the lava rocks for added flavor. If I'm camping I use charcoal but I still throw some mesquite chips on for the flavor.

Chris

·
Registered
419 Posts
charcoal is the only way to go and if you run out then tree bark or wood chips are the next best.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
At home, propane. (unless the tank is empty and it's too late to get it filled, then charcoal.

I really don't BBQ while camping, but my camping trips are back country trips, either back packing or canoeing. Most of the canoeing trips involve a portage or two. A grill would be a pita to carry any distance, even one of the small portable ones.

·
Registered
682 Posts
If I have the time, charcoal definitely. However, most of the time, I need to be quick about it, so, that means the ole' propane grill..........

·
Registered
663 Posts
card board & pallets.
love me some pallet chicken!

G

·
mrpeabdy1974 said:
"I sell propane and propane accessories." ;D
Dang it, Boomhauer!!! Â You thought I was being funny. Â

http://www.broilmaster.com ;)Â

Broilmaster grills last forever just like Dodge trucks. Â This one is an old Locke Stove Co. G-3 model from the late '70's or early eighties that I picked up from an ad in the paper for fifty bucks. Â After replacing the burner, heat deflector, and rock grate, it's as good as new. Â

The best thing about Broilmasters is they get hot as hell which, of course, makes the best burgers. Â Plus, this one uses lava rocks as a heat radiator instead of those newfangled sear plates which I have never liked. Â The flavor of the food is much better with rocks.

Now, I just have to find a solution to Ladybird's narrow uterus problem. ;D

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AndrewT said:
wood!! anytime and place.
are you talkin BBQ or the solution to ladybirds uterus problem?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts