Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyone here that is running propane on there rigs?
i have a ohg 450 mixer and would like too know if there has been some wierd problums associated with it.
mine backfired through the mixer last night.. and now it wont run right... idles real nice still but wont run very good at all whaen you put some throttle into it. like its starving for fule..
any ideaS?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I used one on a chevy - back on the farm. Ran good no problems.
I have a complete setup, I was going to use on my truck but decided to go for a MPFI engine
It sounds like you may not be getting a tight seal. It should not suck any air in only propane fuel.
or you may have gasoline leaking into the carb. can only use one fuel or the other.
what size regulator are you using? must be large enough in range for the engines displacement.
are you using a water tempered regulator?
The system I used on the chevy - the valve (cable operated mechanism when changing fuels) would stick
best lube was vasaline petroleum jelly. FYI
FWIW
Rod

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes straight prop. water temp regulater the x-1 biggest they make for it..good too 750 cfm...cleaned everything out today.. will be road testing tomoorw so ill let ya know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.