Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Project RCC - Not dead yet - 10/10/06

59K views 299 replies 82 participants last post by  RPMRamFury 
#1 ·
Before Pics

Now this is what it looks like, 3rd look/stage it has gone through (build up pics on later posts in this thread)

Here are the new specs

1984 Ramcharger 440 (400 till I fix the 440 :) ) 4x4 auto
  • Chopped top/rear floor/front fenders
  • Cut about 4' out of the rear frame
  • Narrowed front
  • Full frame mounted roll cage/sub chassis from front to rear with tube doors
  • Heddman headers
  • True dual exhaust with Flowmasters
  • MSD 6a Ignition
  • MSD Blaster2 coil
  • K&N filter and filter top
  • Rockwells front and rear 6.72 gears
  • Blue Torch Fab shaved skids
  • 47" Bilistien Coilovers (350# uppper coil/400# lower coil - 17" travel)
  • Custom dual triangulated 4 link
  • Moved front and rear axles for better approach and departure angles
  • Crossover steering with high steer (high steer not used anymore)
  • Custom Hydro Assist
  • Warn 8274 Winch
  • 52" Michelins
  • Hummer double beadlock wheels
  • Blue Torch Fab pinion brakes

See less See more
#53 ·
Looking good Sam can not wait to see some Clean pictures. LOL

Aaron

#55 ·
installed the high steer a while back and did a midnight hack job on the rear fenders with a sawzall before we left to Ram Jam. Sucks working in the dark, hard to cut straight :)

But, I now have new ideas, going to do a full coil spring suspension and move the axles around a bit.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, we dropped in a fresh 440 before Ram Jam.

#58 ·
52" tires? holy shiznats! thats a big ass tire. thats 4'4" tall tire! thats taller than my friends brother. u need that and about 15" of lift and a 4" body lift. then have a rope ladder on a winch on each side to get in and out.

#59 ·
RC now has a temp 400 in it (thanks Skip and Mike). One of these days I will rebuild the 440. Broke a hub on our last Chapter Meet, and it happens to be the external locking hub Dana 60. That isn't bad, but since I wanted to convert to 35 spline outer shafts I would also have to change to internal locking hubs. So as you can see, Dana 60's aren't bulletproof, but I would rather loose a hub then an axle shaft :)

#60 ·
need pics........... need...........need...........................pics..

#62 ·
The RC has hydro assist, locked front and rear (licoln), Warn 8274 winch in the front and the body was beat to hell on our last trail run. The passenger side is dented up the full length of the truck, the driver side just has a couple of dents. I broke both tailights, broke pass side mirror off, bent the pass door handle down (mrpeal fixed it) and busted my windshield. But it sure was fun :) The RC went everywhere, pics can bee seen in the TX Chapter Board.

#65 ·
I told him we have fun when he came down to get the tranny for his truck.

#66 ·
If I don't get my truck done any time soon and yall go have fun in yalls truck and don't mind me tagging along with one of yall. Then im there. If not i would have to drive my Cheby and skip as seen how low that thing is. How does go skip " If ain't Dodge It happening here"

#69 ·
Finally got my hummer wheels done and mounted up. I will be doing a how to on putting in new wheel centers from USA6x6 for 3.5" backspacing and mounting the tires using USA6x6's PVC beadlock.

This pic is with 8psi in the tires. I was too lazy to clean the truck/tires and just mounted them dirty :)

Attachments

#72 ·
Thanks Randall, you should of been there this weekend, Teresa tore up the rocks :) I let her drive and I was the spotter/photographer. There is a link in the Action Pics section as well as the TX Meet post.

Here is a pic of my hydro assist. You can see the crossover steering, and the unused red driver side steering arm I used when I was running the hysteer setup. I went back to regular crossover steering when Jamie and I put the hydro assist on it.

Here is a pic of the low pressure I was able to use with my new hummer beadlocks. I was running around 12 psi in the tires. Teresa managed to put the wheels to a good test, and not once did the tire unseat or lose any air. She even had them sideways where an unbeadlocked 16.5 tire running with 20 psi would of unseated (which I have done many times with the non beadlock wheels I use to run :) ).

Before in the rocks I had to run at least 30 psi in the tires to keep them from loosing there bead, due to the many times there is a great side load on the wheel when climbing the rocks.

The traction difference from the high pressure I ran before to the lower pressure we ran in the pics was like night and day! It was almost like we had new tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.