Dodge RamCharger Central banner
41 - 60 of 300 Posts

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I have two steering arms (high steer arms), so basically the crossover steering arm is also used in the high steer. I am getting 2 2" blocks that go under the high steer arms to help clear from the springs.

If you are nice enough to mrpeal, maybe he can take a few snapshots of my arm and his 2" block.

·
5,141 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the crossover steering wind up costing you?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Sweet RC! Looks like it wheels awesome!

OBXCHARGER said:
tires look good{cool} i thought hummers ran something like a 371/2". ???where did you get em'?bias or radial?how'd they do?
Those are the older hummer tires. Goodyear Wrangler XT. They switched a handful of years ago to the new MT's. You can get used ones from Boyce Equipment for a decent price. $75 each, $25 each for shipping. Good tires too. MUCH better than what they run now on them Hummers.

http://www.boyceequipment.com

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Sorry Michael, I didn't see your question about the tires. Smokin guns is correct, these are the older style hummvee tires. I can get them for 39 bucks a pop though, the ones I got were in super shape, one looke practically brand new!

I was really suprised with them. I didn't think they would be that good in the mud, I am use to swampers and ground hawgs, but they impressed me. My only gripe is they aren't wide enough for me.

I have to get locked up to do the real testing, but I will be sure to let you know how well they do in mud when locked up.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Smokin_Guns said:
RCC_SaMiaM said:
I can get them for 39 bucks a pop though
You can get them for 39? This contact you have, do they have more? I'm very interested ;D
Ditto

·
Registered
380 Posts
Looking good Sam can not wait to see some Clean pictures. LOL

Aaron

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
installed the high steer a while back and did a midnight hack job on the rear fenders with a sawzall before we left to Ram Jam. Sucks working in the dark, hard to cut straight :)

But, I now have new ideas, going to do a full coil spring suspension and move the axles around a bit.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, we dropped in a fresh 440 before Ram Jam.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
52" tires? holy shiznats! thats a big ass tire. thats 4'4" tall tire! thats taller than my friends brother. u need that and about 15" of lift and a 4" body lift. then have a rope ladder on a winch on each side to get in and out.

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
RC now has a temp 400 in it (thanks Skip and Mike). One of these days I will rebuild the 440. Broke a hub on our last Chapter Meet, and it happens to be the external locking hub Dana 60. That isn't bad, but since I wanted to convert to 35 spline outer shafts I would also have to change to internal locking hubs. So as you can see, Dana 60's aren't bulletproof, but I would rather loose a hub then an axle shaft :)

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
need pics........... need...........need...........................pics..

41 - 60 of 300 Posts