Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my new toy. It's a 1973 crew cab 3/4 ton. It's got a dana 44HD with drums and a dana 60 rear. Under the hood is a 360 with a 1 barrel carb and a 727 with a divorced NP205. I plan on rebuilding the 360 and mating a 2wd NV4500 to it so I can continue to run the 205 divorced. This is gonna be a 2 year long project so I'm not in a huge hurry. I'll get some new and better pics this weekend.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's eventually gona be my daily driver and my tow rig for my RC when I change that over to TOY status. I'm definitely gonna get rid of the 70s paint schemes. I can't stand those. I'm thinking of a maroon exterior and a light grey interior.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK patrick. I know that I haven't had that many beers yet. I think you said that only 2 barrels came on V8s that year. My chiltons show's that 1 barrels are included and if it's a 2 barrel it's the smallest I've ever seen. Everybody that has seen the motor says it looks like a 1 barrel also. It doesn't matter though cause I'm planning on putting a holley truck avenger on it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Isn't that a BBS Carter..?? The 360's usually had Holley's on them.. Check the motor ID numbers.. I think that may actually be a 318 in there. Looks like the carb that'd been kicking around the spare bedroom the last few years.. (It's stuffed in a box somewhere now.. Coudln't find it to compare). I swear that really is the 2bbl though.
Aaron Wyse

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
No, it's not a Carter BBD. I don't know what a Carter BBS is. That's a 1 bbl. Probably a Holley. And as for the 1bbl myth, even some of the big blocks had them stock.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, that's all gone. It seems like somebody before me tried to remove it and do some shitty body work over the holes cause now the bondo seems to be peeling off.

G

·
just to clear some air take thecarb off and look at the bottom. the 318 my dad has looks like a single but its not.

Patrick

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll get around to checking it eventually when I pull the motor. For now the truck is just gonna gather some more dust until I have time. January will probably be the soonest.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I traded 120 feet of 6 inch schedule 40 pipe for it. The pipe cost me $288 for it. I don't think it was a bad deal.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not sure yet. I won't be around the crew cab until saturday and can check it out better then. BTW, there are more pics on the website for my crew cab.
www.heavyhauler1.ramchargercentral.net

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
RAMMAN4 said:
I'm not sure yet. I won't be around the crew cab until saturday and can check it out better then. BTW, there are more pics on the website for my crew cab.
www.heavyhauler.ramchargercentral.net
I poked around your site for a bit! Very nice RC. That front bumper and grille guard is bad ass for sure! I really like that rear tire holder too.

1 - 20 of 461 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.